General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drift HD170 Stealth Video Camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Drift HD170 Stealth Video Camera

Not wanting to hijack another thread regarding the GoPro Hero Video camera, I elected to start one specific to the Drift HD170 Stealth Video camera that I recently acquired. An aspiring videographer, I wanted something a bit more easy to using than a handheld Canon pocket camera or the same with a handlebar mount. I really looked hard at the GoPro and was about to buy one when I stumbled on to the Drift product. What caught my eye immediately was the cool looking product packaging....not the boxy, "Hey look, I have a camera on my head" look I associate with the GoPro. Reading the features of the camera set the hook and I ordered one from Ebay. While I am still honing my picture taking expertise and experimenting with some different mounting ideas, I am completely impressed with this camera and would recommend to anyone looking for the same. Check them out at www.driftinnovation.com

Last edited by hoethree; 04-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM
katzrat1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi hoethree,

Are you still using the Drift? If so how do you like it after having it a year? Also have you come up with any good ways to mount it to your Street Glide? I just ordered one and should have it 6/20/2012, but haven't ordered any mounts for the bike yet. I have an 06 Electra Glide, and trying to figure the best way to mount the Drift with out it being an eyesore. Thanks for any info in advance Dan R.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM
haulin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoethree, How do you like the on-board mic for the Drift? Does it pick up the pipes nicely, do you get a fair amount of wind noise. I know they have an optional mic for the drifts. I'm sold on the new Drift HD1080p...Did an in-store demo side by side comparison with the Hero2, and by far drift has the better camera, cheaper (considering what's built into the drift compared to the Go-Pro) and better features (wireless remote, built in screen, rotatable lens) , only thing missing is the impact resistant the Hero has due to the case (I'm sure we've all seen the Go-Pro's dropped for a 10,000 foot free fall by now). Any in site would be helpful.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

subscribed.... i love my gopro hd and have good experience with the old gopro's too. But im always interested in checking out what else is out there on the market, however go pro has made a name for themselves in quality and function.

have you made any vids with this?