General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Casper, Wyoming H.D. Stealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:34 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OP--Had you called the dealer right away, when they were still open for business, as soon as you 1st had tire trouble, instead of waiting until closing time, w/ most of them gone home, while you tried to repair a sidewall puncture, you might have had a good story to tell us. Now, the following year, you feel like pouring fuel on the stealership hate. BS. I would not misjudge this dealer because of that. You F'd up.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I support the dealers decision. Time to go home and relax,eat dinner.etc.. cry baby customers need to wake up.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, you should have planned your flat at a more convenient time. And after you plugged it the first time, you should have known the sidewall would blow. What were you thinking?

(And this is why I have AAA road service that covers all my vehicles, including my bike. They never close and they're everywhere.)

Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

I support the dealers decision. Time to go home and relax, eat dinner, etc--- the techs haved earned it! Cry baby customers need to wake up.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so HOG dropped the ball is what you seem to be saying? i thought HOG was supposed to get someone to pick you up and take you to the nearest harley dealer...anything over a hundred miles would cost extra. so other than a crappy magazine, i can expect to be left on the side of the road by HOG if i really needed them. i thought this was a 24/7 deal.
i would not expect the dealer to stay open half the night working on my bike--i would expect HOG to get me to the nearest dealer and we could deal with the problem when they opened the next day.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dan conner
so HOG dropped the ball is what you seem to be saying? i thought HOG was supposed to get someone to pick you up and take you to the nearest harley dealer...anything over a hundred miles would cost extra. so other than a crappy magazine, i can expect to be left on the side of the road by HOG if i really needed them. i thought this was a 24/7 deal.
i would not expect the dealer to stay open half the night working on my bike--i would expect HOG to get me to the nearest dealer and we could deal with the problem when they opened the next day.
You got it brother!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

His terrible experience happened in 2006. Back then he spent 3 hours on the side of the road. This time it got shortened to 2 hours. The indy showed up in 15 minutes in 2006 but by 2011 it took 20 minutes.

OP you should repost this every year. I bet the story could get better each time.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
OP--Had you called the dealer right away, when they were still open for business, as soon as you 1st had tire trouble, instead of waiting until closing time, w/ most of them gone home, while you tried to repair a sidewall puncture, you might have had a good story to tell us. Now, the following year, you feel like pouring fuel on the stealership hate. BS. I would not misjudge this dealer because of that. You F'd up.
Agreed 100%. And why have we not yet heard more about the indy that saved the day? Quick to kick someone's azz, but nowhere near as quick to offer up some good praise, and share the name of the guy who saved the day.

I hope you have a flat in the same spot next year at about midnight when it's raining. They name roads after guys like this... One Way.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:30 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner

and this is why i am no longer a hog member. my one and only attempt at getting a tow from hog was virtually identical to this. only i ended up on the side of the road for almost 5 hrs. now mind you, it didn't take that long for me to decide to do something, just what it ended up being after it was all said and done. (and i was on the phone with them about every half hour, they never were able to get someone to come get me.)

after about an hour and a half, the wife rode her bike back to the house, hooked up the trailer and came back and got me. that was close to a 4 hr undertaking.

i guess in the end it was my fault though for not planning better and getting a flat in a more populated area. silly me, what was i thinking?

Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were 35 outside of Casper you are still over 113 miles south of Sheridan. The Indy would have to drive over 342 miles an hour to be there in 20 min......Hummmmm

Quick Reply: Avoid Casper, Wyoming H.D. Stealer