General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless gloves...seriously, what's the problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Fingerless gloves...seriously, what's the problem???

I've been wearing weight lifting gloves for years. I like the padding plus you can pick the bugs off your sunglasses alot easier.

Before that it was bicycle gloves with padding in the palms. I don't like regular leather gloves, they make my hands feel cramped and have never worn them except for winter. But as soon as it warms over 60, they go back in the dresser until next year.

I get it about chaps, sorry but they look too -- pee-cee prevents the term -- but fingerless gloves??? What part of either faux or pas am I missing here?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
robbieaz62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No idea. For the record I don't wear them but have no problem with them. I just don't like wearing gloves of any kind unless absolutely necessary. I don't get the chap crap either for that matter. If it's cold enough I'm wearing them because they work and they're easily shed when it gets warmer. If some people would rather freeze or not ride because they're worried about what someone might think that's just sad.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell

I get it about chaps, sorry but they look too -- pee-cee prevents the term -- but fingerless gloves??? What part of either faux or pas am I missing here?
Just remember, Michael Jackson wore a glove, John Wayne wore chaps. Just sayin'.

Last edited by TennesseeMustangPerf; 04-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wear fingerless gloves in the gym. but on the bike i preffer no gloves. I dont see anyproblem with fingerless gloves and I see no problem with chaps unless you aren't wearing pants under them and aren't a decent looking woman between 18-40.

other than that, ride whats comfy who cares what it looks like. I have a vintage neon green harley sweatshirt that comes up to my belly button when worn. And I plan to wear it to a bike night around here sometime as a joke.

oh and after trying to make it through 3 winter seasons of riding without chaps. I'm buying some this summer

Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I have wore fingerless gloves about 25 years, chaps...hmm about 15. Never knew there was such a fuss about either till i started to read this forum. Any one can have a opinion about either and everyone knows the story on opioions every one has one just like...
If the gloves or chaps bother you... hell its easy......dont look or just dont give a damn about it

Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

(Course you know I'm just being a wise-*** about the chaps, right? ;- ) )

Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
rambobob
Tourer
Smile

Protection from sun since I'm so white!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

I must **** everyone off..... I wear fingerless gloves AND chaps at the same time

Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM
mnskip
Tourer

If one has a problem with his own masculinity, then don't wear them. I like to pick my nose, and scratch my ***, and I can do both with fingerless gloves and chaps on.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing is wrong with them, they've just become one of the Harley stereotypes. I don't know how I used to wear padded mesh gym gloves in the 80's and no one made fun of them then. And I was on a KZ1000.

But....I also used to wear half-shirts and had a mullet too.

Quick Reply: Fingerless gloves...seriously, what's the problem???