General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open face weather...mmmm

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011 | 02:38 PM
cornishman
|
Road Master
Default Open face weather...mmmm

Well the weather here in Cornwall has been good of late. The last couple of days i,ve used my open face helmet and it feels great after a winter of the full face lid. I took these photos on my cell phone so the quality,s not great. Its only 20 miles or so to this coastal spot, all pretty good roads and a nice spot to gather your thoughts some times. Hey could almost be the California Pacific coast...i wish LOL. Take it easy people i,m gonna.

Attached Thumbnails Open face weather...mmmm-003.jpg   Open face weather...mmmm-002.jpg  
Old 04-09-2011 | 02:42 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

Very nice pics..I haven't been able to get out yet this year. We still got a bit a snow on the ground and been raining for the past 2 days with no end until mid week.....Ive had just about enough of this chit weather

Old 04-09-2011 | 02:44 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice pics! Time for me to get off the computer and out on the bike.

Old 04-09-2011 | 03:47 PM
exiledcarper
Cruiser

Where abouts in Cornwall? I used to live in Penzance for 9 years or so. Lovely part of the world that I surely miss. Mind you, lots more riding weather here in New Orleans, but no pasties, so you can't win 'em all!

Old 04-09-2011 | 04:14 PM
cornishman
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by exiledcarper
Where abouts in Cornwall? I used to live in Penzance for 9 years or so. Lovely part of the world that I surely miss. Mind you, lots more riding weather here in New Orleans, but no pasties, so you can't win 'em all!
I live in Saltash. As you say, you can,t have it all but having holidayed in the USA i,d love to live there. As you know our fickle weather can get tedious and i hate the winter months with a vengence....maybe one day.

Old 04-09-2011 | 04:57 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Nice scenery. On Sunday I plan to ride toward the beach. First long ride of the season. Have to say hello to a young lady who has just returned from her second tour of Iraq, courtesy of the U.S. Army.
I lived in Bedfordshire for a year. That was courtesy of the U.S. Air Force. It was a long time ago.

Old 04-09-2011 | 06:42 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

--------------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-08-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2011 | 06:56 PM
exiledcarper
Cruiser

Yes, the weather can be dreadful at any time "Down Kernow way". I remember one year it pissed down with rain just about every day up to the middle of August, that was grim. Way down West the winters where relatively mild, with few frosts and snow just about unheard of. I hear it's changing somewhat these days though, with all that snow and all.
Friends from P'zance have been heard to mumble about things like "the PROMISE of Global Warming".
Bloody hot here today, I've been digging new drainage trench in the fierce sun and high 80's. I never had a bike while in Cornwall, but shudder to think of coming off on those twisty back lanes, with the granite hedges and all. Ride safe and enjoy the weather while you can!

Old 04-10-2011 | 12:55 AM
cornishman
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by exiledcarper
Yes, the weather can be dreadful at any time "Down Kernow way". I remember one year it pissed down with rain just about every day up to the middle of August, that was grim. Way down West the winters where relatively mild, with few frosts and snow just about unheard of. I hear it's changing somewhat these days though, with all that snow and all.
Friends from P'zance have been heard to mumble about things like "the PROMISE of Global Warming".
Bloody hot here today, I've been digging new drainage trench in the fierce sun and high 80's. I never had a bike while in Cornwall, but shudder to think of coming off on those twisty back lanes, with the granite hedges and all. Ride safe and enjoy the weather while you can!
Yep last December we had snow for 3-4 weeks. A novelty at first, but it soon wore off.lol.
When we were in Monument Valley e few years ago we got talking to a couple form Arizona. We said how much we love it here, he replied that there was a place here for us..... anybody know him?

Old 04-10-2011 | 09:17 AM
exiledcarper
Cruiser

Just learn fluent Spanish and you will be allowed to stay as long as you like and get loads of free stuff!