General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads-UP! Dealer/eBay seller Rip-Off: Corso Cycles, Woburn, MA

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Big AL 76
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any news yet ? or has he been ignoring you and just brushing you off?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 AM
aaazdaddy
Road Captain
Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Big AL 76
Any news yet ? or has he been ignoring you and just brushing you off?
The answer is yes and no. He did finallly contact me a few days ago and said that it was going to cost $180 to ship my inner fairing back to me from Woburn, MA. I had given him my FedEx account number so that he could just drop it off. He said the box was 24X24X30 (and extra $20 for the box), way too big for the inner fairing and unnecessarily driving the shipping cost up. He also said that they were going to make him ship the inner fairing cap separately, which makes absolutely no sense. I don't what to make of all this, as using the right size box and shipping everything together should cost around $40-$50. I've checked my FedEx account and there is no record of anything being shipped from MA using my account number. I almost think he wants to make it sound so expensive that I'll just say "screw it" and he'll get to keep them, as they are only worth $150 (sorry Joe, I know you are subscribed to this thread, but your credibility isn't exactly stellar at this point with me, nor with several other members that have PM'd me. You and I both know there is NFW it should cost that much...on your eBay ad you only charged $76 for shipping)

Regarding the other comment from another member, I think the guy in CO is Todd, another eBay seller. He charges an additional $70 for Tri-Stage colors (Red Hot SunGlo). If it is him, he certainly looks like a reputable guy...I would have used him initially, as he's a lot closer to San Diego, but he closed his shop for several days in the end of March, and I wanted it done sooner (HA...its so sad it's almost funny)...I found a guy locally that will R&R and paint it for $400, so if I decide to move forward (I've had a few unexpected expenses that have put a hold on any spending), that's the way I'll go... Thanks, Bob

Last edited by aaazdaddy; 05-27-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: incomplete
Old 05-27-2011, 12:30 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe one of the members close by to his shop can pick them up for you and ship them to you with your fed ex account. There are a lot of stand up guys here that I am sure wouldnt have a problem doing that for you.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
aaazdaddy
Road Captain
Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by kevmic28
Maybe one of the members close by to his shop can pick them up for you and ship them to you with your fed ex account. There are a lot of stand up guys here that I am sure wouldnt have a problem doing that for you.
That would be spectacular, but his shop is closed. I do have his cell number (although he doesn't answer, I can't imagine why...) and his email address (which he does respond to when he feels like it and may actually work. I can PM it).

Or, if anyone in the area needs an inner fairing and cap (fits 2008+), they can pick it up from him and just send me $75...

Any takers? BB

Old 05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

That shipping charge is crazy,to say the least.

I just bought an exhaust system;came from Ohio,shipped to CT.Shipping cost me $16.95.

Good luck to you bro;keep us updated.

Mark.