General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads-UP! Dealer/eBay seller Rip-Off: Corso Cycles, Woburn, MA

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:15 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

That isn't right, you have put a dent in my trust for E Bay and Pay Pal. I had an issue with a tool I bought, they would not refund me a penny (which I understand) until they received notification that the tool had been received by the seller. Hey that is only fair. You took a hit and should not have.
I have sold several items here at HDF, I told the buyers I would not take the money out of Pay Pal until I heard from them stating all was well. Man, we work too hard for out coins to be scammed.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

I haven't nor will I sell on Ebay again since their fee restructuring about a year ago not mention skimming off the cost of shipping for sellers too . Had a lax period of about 8 months I hadn't used Ebay , when I did man was I shocked at the crap that had changed . Was a lot of good used parts by private sellers available and made some great deals , come back and it's nearly all " stores " now selling the same crap at about the same fixed prices and shipping cost's had skyrocketed . The single seller for bike parts is rare anymore because of their predatory practices .

Old 04-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
I have dealt with two chargebacks, both as a buyer and a seller, and it always favors the buyer, so you are in good shape.
As a buyer, I bought a gauge that came to me missing some parts. My credit card company did a chargeback and even fined him over $100 additional.
As a seller, I have only had one chargeback. I sold a set of cams to an Ebay scammer, who said that they were not for the correct year. Regardless of the fact that I personally took the cams out of one of my personal cars and boxed them marking the box, still, I decided to go that extra mile to take care of my customer. I had another set (one year newer, same cams though) from a customer car that I took out, and boxed them up to ship to him. I sent these insured, signature required. Before I sent the second set of cams however, I took them to Ford, had my dealership verify that they were indeed the cams for a 2004 GT, and had them print out a piece of paper with the cam description which had a part number, same number that is engraved on each cam (which I photographed). I also had the USPS open the box and verify that the cams in the box were the ones with the confirmed part number, then they taped the box and sent the cams out. When the second set arrived, he said these too were the wrong ones. He then changed his story after I contacted him from "both cams were out of an earlier pre-1999 model Mustang" to "One cam was from a 5.4L truck, the other from a 1990 4.6L (ironic, the 4.6L did not come out until 1992). Now at this point, I had a TON of evidence and thought it was an open and shut case. I gave Ebay as well as Paypal all the proof, and they still issued a full refund to the con! At this point, I had lost a lot of money, not just the cost of the two sets of cams (which were free, but still) but I am also out the cost of $35 to ship the cams the first time and $41 to ship and insure the second set. The guy paid $21 shipping initially (my fault, as I underestimated it) and $49.99 for the cams, all refunded. Now he has the two cams and a full refund, and I am out $76 for the shipping, plus my time and fuel to personally drop the cams off to be shipped. Last I saw (four months later) I found BOTH sets of cams being sold by him on Ebay as 2003 Saleen Mustang cams!
Sorry for the rant, but the long and the short of it is you are much better protected by Ebay and PayPal than the seller.
Prefect time to get a friend to "buy" those cams back and give him a taste of his own medicine.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kowan
Prefect time to get a friend to "buy" those cams back and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I would have, but I didn't want to stoop to his level.

... that, and I didn't think about it at the time.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chamokie
That isn't right, you have put a dent in my trust for E Bay and Pay Pal. I had an issue with a tool I bought, they would not refund me a penny (which I understand) until they received notification that the tool had been received by the seller. Hey that is only fair. You took a hit and should not have.
I have sold several items here at HDF, I told the buyers I would not take the money out of Pay Pal until I heard from them stating all was well. Man, we work too hard for out coins to be scammed.
Sorry about that, needless to say I have been "dented" myself. I have only sold one other thing since then on Egay, and use PayPal only when I have to. Sad part is that before he started conning me, he and I talked every other day VIA Ebay private message where I was giving him TONS of tech advice... anywhere from what intake to buy, to how to install the cams. I even wrote a whole "book" for the guy on how to change the intake out to a newer model for more power, because that was what he wanted to do next. You are so right, we work to hard to get scammed, and I definitely went the extra mile for this person. Incidentally, they did require him to ship the cams back before they would issue a refund, however I never saw them. After a few weeks I contacted Ebay and they provided me with the tracker that the "buyer" gave to them. The tracking number was for something that weighed 4lbs. (the cams actually weighed 14lbs. when I shipped them) and were going to Montana. By that time however, time had run out on me filing an appeal by two days, and they refused to reopen it.

Last edited by TennesseeMustangPerf; 04-12-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
geneinnc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chamokie
The odds of paypal NOT siding with the buyer is staggering. They are so buyer friendly that I quit selling on ebay. Normally, any complaint is an refund, no matter what.

I think there might be a bit more to this story.

I just hope it gets resolved, ASAP.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
aaazdaddy
Road Captain
Received 69 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Corso Cycles

Well, here we are on the 22nd and still no return (or even tracking information provided) for my unpainted parts. He told me on the 13th or so that he was shipping the following day, and that the parts were still in the unopened box that they came in, but no evidence so far...

I really am hopeful that Joe will follow-through and at the very least return my unpainted parts. Every day that goes by is just one more day that I don't have my bike completed. I would love to be able to report that Joe is a good guy that fell one hard times like a lot of us. I've provided my FedEx account number so all he has to do is have them picked up; not too much to ask considering the effed-up aggravation I've had to tolerate during this fiasco, but so far I can't even get that handled. And he's advertising on his webpage that he can still get parts and accesories for people during his reorg...hmmm...

Hopefully I'll have good news to report soon...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Hrlykng
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me too

I too got screwed by Corso but for much more than several hundred dollars! My issue is still outstanding.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by aaazdaddy
Well, here we are on the 22nd and still no return (or even tracking information provided) for my unpainted parts. He told me on the 13th or so that he was shipping the following day, and that the parts were still in the unopened box that they came in, but no evidence so far...

I really am hopeful that Joe will follow-through and at the very least return my unpainted parts. Every day that goes by is just one more day that I don't have my bike completed. I would love to be able to report that Joe is a good guy that fell one hard times like a lot of us. I've provided my FedEx account number so all he has to do is have them picked up; not too much to ask considering the effed-up aggravation I've had to tolerate during this fiasco, but so far I can't even get that handled. And he's advertising on his webpage that he can still get parts and accesories for people during his reorg...hmmm...

Hopefully I'll have good news to report soon...
Any news yet?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

hey sandiego,

I was looking the other day and found this guy on ebay out Colorado. He charges 250.00 Here is his email I got from Ebay for you. tsintx1@aol.com I'm not sure if he does the tweeter pod but if you want to look on ebay yourself type in "Harley Davidson painted inner fairing and it will be one of the first things that come up. I checked it out and read the page he seems legit, you pay shiping and he does the work turn aorund varies on where you live and time of the year, right now biz is slow everyne is out riding but maybe for next year and the price seems alot better.

You stay classy San Diego!!!!

Quick Reply: Heads-UP! Dealer/eBay seller Rip-Off: Corso Cycles, Woburn, MA