General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When are people ever going to learn?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: When are people ever going to learn?

Good post SteelCity. I agree 100%!

Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lapisblue

This is Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach Florida that runs 3 days, not a problem for the rest of the year (except for Bike week in March). I think they can live with 3 days of loud pipes. Ask any business owner in Daytona if they mind a few loud pipes for 3 day's and the answer will be NO. The people know we are coming, so just live with it. It's just a bunch of old retired farts with too much time on their hands complaining.

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

I was reading the thread Biketoberfest Warning and the problems LOUD PIPES are bringing to the Riders down there.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good sounding V-Twin, but I also understand when to attempt to keep it as quiet as possible.

Like it or not. Law-makers and Law Enforcement are not PRO-active, they are RE-active.

They don't sit around and think to themselves"I am going to make a motorcycle noise law today" or "I think I"ll just go out and do some decibal readings on motorcycles today"

They re-act to whats going on in society.
And right now the non-bikers are complainin about the noise in the towns.
And believe it or not, there are actually more of them then there are of us.

So now Law-makers and L.E.O.'s are REACTING to the complaints from the masses.(Gots to keep them voters happy)

And we are quickly learning through OUR WALLETS the costs of other riders stupidity.

True enuff.......

But the point to be made is that it's the "bunch of old retired farts with too much time on their hands" that vote in that district !
Daytona has been in a struggle over Bike events for better than 5 years now..... Business luv it, Some Locals HATE it !
In the end the group with the largest vote count will win.
( Remember, the average human aint really that bright and will be lead like sheep by the right political "Personality".)

Places around that area have been capitalizing on the bikers that are tired of Daytona, and there have been an ingrease in intrest in places like Leesburg, Live Oak, Panama City, ect....

Anyways if ya **** off the locals, you may find yourself, and your friends unwelcome in years to come...... but who cares?
; )

BTW.....
Panama City aint too worried about loud pipes there yet.
Had a guy beside me for 1/2 hour or so in bumper to bumper, stop and go red lite traffic that insisted on gunning his drag pipes every five seconds....... thought my ears were bleeding so I had to pull over and check ! ( Lost my spot in traffic....doh ! )

anyways........

Budds..................

Old 10-19-2006, 09:29 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Biketoberfest in Daytona Beach Florida that runs 3 days, not a problem for the rest of the year (except for Bike week in March). I think they can live with 3 days of loud pipes. Ask any business owner in Daytona if they mind a few loud pipes for 3 day's and the answer will be NO. The people know we are coming, so just live with it. It's just a bunch of old retired farts with too much time on their hands complaining.
You have a valid point, its Biketoberfest and it only runs three days.

While you are asking those bussiness owners(Most of the vendors are from out of town)what they think, you might just want to also ask them if they also live there .

We are there just a very short time, and the folks that do live there year round, must not beable to "live with three days of loud pipes", because I would venture to guess, they are the ones pressuring thier lawmakers, to change the laws.

Heres just another thing to think about:
Once a law does get changed, it is real hard to get it changed again.
So our actions do not just effect us, they actually effect people that may not even be born yet.
Future riders that haven't even taken thier first breath.

But there will be those that don't care, they are so self centered, they can only care for what they get to do.
They claim to be a a biker, but seem to go out of there way, to hurt the rights of all bikers, and thier love of the sport.

Talk to some of the noise makers:
Alot of times, the loud pipes are on some posers bike, opened up the exhaust amd didn't do a thing to the inlet side of the motor.
He seen some of those other bikers with the loud pipes and just had to have the noise, didn't really know why thier bikes sounded the way they did.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
mwike
Cruiser

WRONG. I'd venture to say the majority of business owners would rather not have the bike weeks. Many retail business owners would benefit, but not all of them benefit from bike week. I always laugh when someone says "ask any business owner".

[quote]ORIGINAL: lapisblue

Ask any business owner in Daytona if they mind a few loud pipes for 3 day's and the answer will be NO.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

While you are asking those bussiness owners(Most of the vendors are from out of town)what they think, you might just want to also ask them if they also live there .

We are there just a very short time, and the folks that do live there year round, must not beable to "live with three days of loud pipes", because I would venture to guess, they are the ones pressuring thier lawmakers, to change the laws.

Heres just another thing to think about:
Once a law does get changed, it is real hard to get it changed again.
So our actions do not just effect us, they actually effect people that may not even be born yet.
Future riders that haven't even taken thier first breath.

But there will be those that don't care, they are so self centered, they can only care for what they get to do.
They claim to be a a biker, but seem to go out of there way, to hurt the rights of all bikers, and thier love of the sport.

Alot of times, the loud pipes are on some posers bike, opened up the exhaust amd didn't do a thing to the inlet side of the motor.
He seen some of those other bikers with the loud pipes and just had to have the noise, didn't really know why thier bikes sounded the way they did.
Wasn't going to chime in here but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Loud pipes are poser bikes,dude you"ve never been as wrong as you are right now.I haven't looked at the profiles from thoser who posted here.But I will assume some of y'all posting from small towns & not the big cities.
For mr I got tired of being cut off & told "Oh sorry I didn't see you",,,,,,,,,,OK fine now I'm heard,maybe if cagers drove like there supoosed to there wouldn't be a neeed for loud pipes.
As far as the crybaby town,stop having the rally there,see how fast they cry about the lost revenue without our loud pipes & big bucks.
You say folks with loud pipes are self centered,,,,,,,,,dude get a clue.Come ride with me in Manhattan,I got $100 bucks says you'll get cut off with those cute stock pipes.
LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then again,for those living in the sticks wouldn't understand anyway.For you new Harley riders if ya don't get it,get a freakin Gold Wing

Old 10-19-2006, 10:00 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh boy - this one's gonna get interesting..somehow I can tell [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Someone has a problem understanding what they read.......

Notice that word some? It means NOT ALL, JUST A PORTION, A FEW,ETC.....

Also notice how the LOUD BIKE was setup..only exhaust work nothing else....

Ride the APPLE..sure...never had a big problem...nor Chicago...nor LA....not even in them little hicktowns between them.

But then, I do try to keep myself in a safe place when riding around cages, you know, in places where I am sure that they see me.

......LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES....... Dude, if you don't understand that if they can't hear a stock bike, they probably aren't going to hear a loud one either.(that saying does make a neat sticker)

And if all you are using to keep yourself safe is the noise, better up the insurance.[sm=yikesomg.gif]

I do wonder [sm=lildevil.gif]......you just crossed the GW...and are now down in all the overpasses headin for the CrossBronx.....all that noise is revebin, off all that concrete....are you sure them cagers know where your at......hmmmm...I wonder

Old 10-19-2006, 10:15 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Wrong again....I'm talking about all of the Hotels, Motels, bars, and restaurants. The pussification of America continues.........

Old 10-19-2006, 10:20 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Finally a man with some *****!!!

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Wasn't going to chime in here but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Loud pipes are poser bikes,dude you"ve never been as wrong as you are right now.I haven't looked at the profiles from thoser who posted here.But I will assume some of y'all posting from small towns & not the big cities.
For mr I got tired of being cut off & told "Oh sorry I didn't see you",,,,,,,,,,OK fine now I'm heard,maybe if cagers drove like there supoosed to there wouldn't be a neeed for loud pipes.
As far as the crybaby town,stop having the rally there,see how fast they cry about the lost revenue without our loud pipes & big bucks.
You say folks with loud pipes are self centered,,,,,,,,,dude get a clue.Come ride with me in Manhattan,I got $100 bucks says you'll get cut off with those cute stock pipes.
LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then again,for those living in the sticks wouldn't understand anyway.For you new Harley riders if ya don't get it,get a freakin Gold Wing

Old 10-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone has a problem understanding what they read.......

Notice that word some? It means NOT ALL, JUST A PORTION, A FEW,ETC.....

Also notice how the LOUD BIKE was setup..only exhaust work nothing else....

Ride the APPLE..sure...never had a big problem...nor Chicago...nor LA....not even in them little hicktowns between them.

But then, I do try to keep myself in a safe place when riding around cages, you know, in places where I am sure that they see me.

......LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES....... Dude, if you don't understand that if they can't hear a stock bike, they probably aren't going to hear a loud one either.(that saying does make a neat sticker)

And if all you are using to keep yourself safe is the noise, better up the insurance.[sm=yikesomg.gif]

I do wonder [sm=lildevil.gif]......you just crossed the GW...and are now down in all the overpasses headin for the CrossBronx.....all that noise is revebin, off all that concrete....are you sure them cagers know where your at......hmmmm...I wonder

NY,Chicago,LA,,,,,,,,riding thru or commuting on a daily?Cause you well know the Cross Bronx is one big parking lot day in day out.If your not willing to white line then take a train.
Here in NY there is no such place as a safe place on the road here,which tells me you just rode thru.Hell in some cases they(cagers) will go out of their way to cut you off.
What do you mean if they can't hear a stock bike they won't hear a loud one,come-on dude reread that & laugh at that one with me,,,that is funny sh*t.
As far as understanding ones post,,,,,,,,,,,,please.It was good until you started with the selfcentered nonsense & the post went to sh*t from there.
Another thing when riding thru the tunnels here the reverbing of my LOUD pipes keeps the cagers off my a$$ for sure.Also to even state that I or any biker would use noise to make one safe is just infantial at best.Leathers,helmet,knives,Asp(police nightstick),& still at all cagers mercy.

Quick Reply: When are people ever going to learn?