General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a Shitty Neighbor

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
If your reallly sorry, smart thing would be to go talk to neighbors and apoligize for this and let them know it wont happen again. Might put to rest any bad thoughts their thinkin of right now and put in their heads "This guy aint too bad, just had a bad night"
Great idea. One of my neighbors has a 20'ish kid that recently started playing his music very loud late at night.
I figure the kid is going through some tough times so have not said anything yet to him about it.
It's going to blow everyones ear drums in their house before it causes me any grief.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
Noise does bother me.

Drinking and motoring is stupid.

But what I don't get causing a rackus, you are a jail cop and bragging about your behavior.
Lighten up. He only talked about a burnout in the garage, never said anything about anyone driving or riding home. If he falls off it is his bike and his ***. When we have a backyard summer get together the guys usually go home, get the wives and come back in a cage. I get the keys when they get here, then there is food, music,beverages, a fire and good company til whenever. Only ones that get to go home are those that walked (the neighbors) and those who are sober. Oops, I forgot, in CA ya have to have permission for everything. Sorry

Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM
iceman336
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, if it were me and I did something stupid like that (and I have ), I would run down to the liquor store and get a case of good wine (and I have) and start passing out bottles to the neighbors with personal apologies. It may not be high test, but the wives will like it and everyone knows - make the momma happy and everybody's happy. It's a cheap fix to keep the peace in the neighborhood. JMO

Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

loud pipes on a motorcycle? amazing. guess you better send in your AMA card. your mother taught you better.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Maybe they too, were surprised that a sporty did a burn-out..

Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
So we have a party last Friday night for my best friend of 14 years who is back for a short time from Italy (Aviano Air Base). The drinking starts around 5 and progresses heavily for quite a while. Another buddy of mine just bought a 2005 Sportster. We are all HD tards, so everyone there is bs'ing about bikes, drinking, and having an all around hell of a time.

Here's the point to this.

Around 2ish, we get to talkin' about which bike is fastest, etc. I get bet that I can't do a burn-out on the '05 Sportster (says it don't got the *****, or I don't, I don't quite remember which now). So, I call BS, get on the bike, in the garage, and proceed to prove them wrong. After bouncing off the rev limiter for about 30 seconds, I realize, I am an *******. My neighbors are trying to sleep and here is this douche-bag doing a burn-out (with straight pipes) at 0200. What a D!CK!!!! I also realize that when the cops show up, I am the one getting the ticket for disturbing the peace. So, I start getting ready for the po-po, outside the garage smoking a cig. and another, and another. 20 minutes go by and no cops. WTF? I get to looking around and none of my neighbors even have lights on. I know if I would have been one of them, I would have been up and pissed. Now I feel even more like a **** heal. I have been laying low since, but can't wait until my neighbors catch me outside the house during the day. I know I am in for a ration of ****. I deserve it.
They say confession is good for the soul. So, there ya go.

(It was a freakin' good time though. )
I did the same thing minus the burn out at 2am. I did start up my bike and rev it a couple. But my neighbor came over and yelled a little. The only reason he didn't get his *** beat was because he was right. We were loud and it was late.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 AM
arrowslinger1980
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No a shitty neighbor is one who has an annoying f@#$%n dog who barks and whines all F@#$^$ day every day, a kid who runs the neighbor hood naked every chance he gets, while you work third shift and have the nerve to call the cops on you when you come home for lunch at 3 am. Its war.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds like you have decent neighbors. Most people, police included, need to blow off a little steam occasionally. Most like having a policeman as a neighbor for many reasons. A little noise 1 night is no big deal, Sounds like you all had a good time. I would probably apologize for the noise as I sploke with the neighbors when I saw them next.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey 1450
Sounds like you have decent neighbors. Most people, police included, need to blow off a little steam occasionally. Most like having a policeman as a neighbor for many reasons. A little noise 1 night is no big deal, Sounds like you all had a good time. I would probably apologize for the noise as I sploke with the neighbors when I saw them next.
I am going to with this one. I just ran into my next door neighbor after coming back from the dealership (another buddy is looking into a sportster now). He asked if we had a good time the other night. I told him we did and apologized for the noise. He said, "Ah well, I was young once too." I told him the next time I had a get together he is more than welcome to come over for some food and fun. He says, "Thanks, but I don't think I can handle that kind of fun anymore."

Oh, and I am not "bragging" about my behavior. So please, lighten up.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
chopped7
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me and a couple of my buddies were working on my son's dirtbike in my friend's garage. the intentions were good but after several beers we decided to do burnouts in the street on a vrod that was being stored at his house. eventually a law enforcment officer came by, he was probably 20 but he looked 16. we told him some sport bike guys rode by and tried to show off because they saw our harleys. the officer apologized and said if they come back to give him a call.

as far as drinking a few beers and riding???? why do people build bar hoppers? to drink iced tea? sheesh.

Quick Reply: I'm a Shitty Neighbor