General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a Shitty Neighbor

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

If your reallly sorry, smart thing would be to go talk to neighbors and apoligize for this and let them know it wont happen again. Might put to rest any bad thoughts their thinkin of right now and put in their heads "This guy aint too bad, just had a bad night"

Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DD&Weevil
I take it you don't typically raise hell in your neighborhood at 2 in the morning, which is probably why you got the free pass.
Good point. It's only happened once before when a bunch of my buddies were drag-racing up and down the street. Most of the neighbors came out to watch. Nobody called the cops then either. I better calm it down or I am going to get voted off the island.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,966 Likes on 4,159 Posts

Shame on you and you know better. You need to go door to door and tell them it will not happen again and that the next party time you want them to come and enjoy the party and that you will be holding ever one's keys under lock till the next morning. A few weeks ago a guy up the street did the same thing. I drove by an two bike pulled out behind me. We go one block away and I stopped for the corner stop sign in my truck. Within seconds there was a huge bump. Looked back an the first biker was in my bumper with his rear tire about 2 feet off the ground. Seeing a flash I looked to the left and his girl friend rider landed taking steps to keep from falling and ended up standing by my door. No one got hurt but the biker was drunk and grumbling about me stopping to fast for a stop sign. That part almost made me call the police. His girl friend calmed him down and I told her I was glad she did not get hurt. We all drove away. Before the first drink--LOCK up the KEYS and then have fun

Old 04-07-2011, 07:54 AM
kzoo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will find out how they feel about it when they are out mowing the yard under your window at 6am!

One of my neighbors builds custom choppers, so they are very tolerant of even my sons bonfire parties. The other neighbor I havn't spoken to in years, so I dont care. As far as i am concerned, the louder the pipes and the earlier the ride, gives em a chance to complain to eachother about me.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by grf000
Shame on you and you know better. You need to go door to door and tell them it will not happen again and that the next party time you want them to come and enjoy the party and that you will be holding ever one's keys under lock till the next morning. A few weeks ago a guy up the street did the same thing. I drove by an two bike pulled out behind me. We go one block away and I stopped for the corner stop sign in my truck. Within seconds there was a huge bump. Looked back an the first biker was in my bumper with his rear tire about 2 feet off the ground. Seeing a flash I looked to the left and his girl friend rider landed taking steps to keep from falling and ended up standing by my door. No one got hurt but the biker was drunk and grumbling about me stopping to fast for a stop sign. That part almost made me call the police. His girl friend calmed him down and I told her I was glad she did not get hurt. We all drove away. Before the first drink--LOCK up the KEYS and then have fun
Dang. Nobody drunk-drove from my place. Of the 30 or so people at the party, when I woke up, there were about 23 of them in various states of decay laying around my living room, office, and downstairs. The others left before the activities really got going.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Dub
I would have invited my neighbors, but they are all over 70, rich, and don't like me already, LOL.
That is discrimanation. I'm 62, just cause we are older doesn't mean we are dead and don't like a party. Hell they might love it. Even if they leave early. But look at it this way, being retired I don't have to get up early, even during the week.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vet767
That is discrimanation. I'm 62, just cause we are older doesn't mean we are dead and don't like a party. Hell they might love it. Even if they leave early. But look at it this way, being retired I don't have to get up early, even during the week.
Haha. No intent to offend Vet. I have a feeling you would have enjoyed it. Them, not so much.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

If I was your neighbor, I would have got out of bed and joined y'all.

The story reminds me of the time I had a party and my (drunk) biker friends started doing water burnouts in front of my house. They had their shirts off, too, just like on Cops. My wife took the water hose away and yelled at us little kids.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 321 Posts

Maybe your neighbors are cool.

Throw a block party for them.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Noise does bother me.

Drinking and motoring is stupid.

But what I don't get causing a rackus, you are a jail cop and bragging about your behavior.

Last edited by leicafish; 04-07-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm a Shitty Neighbor