General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aren't you sick of people telling U to "be careful"?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:36 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Aren't you sick of people telling U to "be careful"?

If there was only someone to tell cagers to "be careful" before they get in their cars drunk and kill someone, maybe even a biker.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:38 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

YES! It tightens my jaws every time. My truth is I'VE had 3 friends die in car accidents, and NONE on motorcycles. My cousin had a heart attack because all he does is sit in front of a tv. There are lots of things people do for fun in life; this is mine. They can't imagine doing it because other cars are so big. That's their problem, and they should mind their own business, even about helmet, shorts, and t shirts. If they want to talk about it, fine, but I hate them laying their phobia on me. I'm just sharing the road.
All my life I've used the bike as main transportation. I'm much more observant than anyone who only drives a cage, even when I'm in a cage. I always thank God for this stress buster.
Good to get it out. Thanks

Old 10-19-2006, 01:43 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eleutheros: You get it!! I knew it didn't only bug me! I knw people who are obese and they are going in to surgery to have their stomach stapeled. and THEY tell me that riding is dangerous!!

Old 10-19-2006, 01:54 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I respond with "it's the people behind the wheel that's the dangerous ones"

If it wasn't for cars the majority of bike accidents wouldn't happen

Old 10-19-2006, 02:04 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get tired of hearing that **** too! I tell `em I'm not even having any fun if I ain't doing at least 80mph and scraping pegs. [8D]

Everybody has a story about a motorcycle accident. Truth be told, they know ten times as many people who've died in car accidents. The most dangerous thing the average person can do is to get up in the morning and drive to work. Yet no one thinks twice about it.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:30 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

People who know me have given up warnng me; they know I am careful out there because after all these years. I still am at it, safely. Being a dork on a bike is foolish. That's when a bike or a motorist will bite you on the butt.[:@]

Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont have any ex-friends from car accidents.

I've known a couple that died on bikes, however it was their fault. 90mph in a residential area... Drinking...

I know a guy that just crashes a couple times a year. He's always in a daze, shouldn't be riding.

I have this other friend that tells this story of these two guys that rode that are dead now... they got shot though in some drug deal thing. He likes to forget that part.

Most people are just trying to talk to you about your bike. They don't have anything to say, so they say be careful.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:42 AM
firestar99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A fellow rider told me he was selling his bike because his was had a friend killed on a motorcycle. I told him I had a brother killed in the line of duty trying to stop a bank robbery and so he had better quit being a cop. I also said OH we just worked a car fatality so you better sell your car to.
Bottom line I told him to buck up and at least be honest and not use such a lame excuse for selling his bike. bottom line if we QUIT doing everything that someone got killed doing we would be in big trouble.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:42 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After having had two pretty bad bike accidents the first getting hit broadside by a cager and the second being ran off the road by another one. And then going back to ridding after both wreaks as soon as I was able, most I know have pretty much given up on trying to tell me how dangerous motorcycles are.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:01 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

To tell you the truth I`m not tired of hearing it . I am more aware of things because of it , knowing that someone cares that much to keep telling me to be careful ! When they stop I`ll get worried. My .02

Quick Reply: Aren't you sick of people telling U to "be careful"?