General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 1 bites the dust.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Save yourself a lot of $. Installing tires is just not hard. Get some spoons and rim protectors from J&P and have at it. Want to get fancy with it, just add the tire changer from HF.

There, your ordeal is over. You could recoup your expenses by charging your buddies to change their tires at $30 a pop.
Well I could do that but I was out on oil rigs for 20 hours yesterday and went on a short job tonight and have another rig move tomarrow morning so when I am home I would prefer to ride it than work on it But yeah I may look into that.........

Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey dude! I took my own steak into my favorite restaurant last night, (saved 3 bucks!).... been eating there for years... brought my buddies too..... damn if the fkrs wouldn't cook it for me!?!?!?!?

I feel your pain..........

WTF????

Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally have no problem with not bringing in my own tires/parts to an indy or official HD shop as long as they are not RAPING me on the parts cost...but I will either do it myself or find another place to do the work that is willing to be fair about the costs!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:38 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
Hey dude! I took my own steak into my favorite restaurant last night, (saved 3 bucks!).... been eating there for years... brought my buddies too..... damn if the fkrs wouldn't cook it for me!?!?!?!?

I feel your pain..........

WTF????
Well you can be a douche or not but steak & car/bike parts and indy mechanics/shops and resturants are totally different deals and I have worked in the auto busines for years and know this insurance excuse is total bullshiit

Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a headache!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:51 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...don't even think of pulling up in front of my garage to fill your low tire with air. I don't guarantee it's 100% real air.
What a bunch of BS this warranty excuse is. I would make sure I tell all my friends...and anyone else who will listen...about the BS the shop-owner is trying to pull.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by twisty571
Well you can be a douche or not but steak & car/bike parts and indy mechanics/shops and resturants are totally different deals and I have worked in the auto busines for years and know this insurance excuse is total bullshiit
No they're not.... his reason of the "insurance" may be lame,(should have manned up to his real reason), but it is not unreasonable to refuse to install parts that you have no "chain of custody" history on. Mounting someone else's tires does open a liabilty can of worms.

I won't install anyone else's tires, electronics, or brake components that I didn't source from a distributor/manufacturer that I can fall back on. How does that dude know that that tire you want him to mount isn't someone's sidewall blem that you bought from God knows where?

I've owned 3 dealerships and a bike shop, you've worked in them....... so what?

Last edited by hoofnhog; 04-06-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by twisty571
...bought new tires from Motorcycle Superstore thinking I could save a $100 on a change...

So it's wrong to install tires that weren't bought there...

And I said they wouldn't see another dime from me or my buds anymore and left!...
This is very common business policy in many industries, and you should have been aware of that. You should also have checked w/ your mechanic 1st, before finding a deal on the tire.

By losing your temper, you stepped on your dick and lost a good source.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hoofnhog
No they're not.... his reason of the "insurance" may be lame,(should have manned up to his real reason), but it is not unreasonable to refuse to install parts that you have no "chain of custody" history on. Mounting someone else's tires does open a liabilty can of worms.

I won't install anyone else's tires, electronics, or brake components that I didn't source from a distributor/manufacturer that I can fall back on. How does that dude know that that tire you want him to mount isn't someone's sidewall blem that you bought from God knows where?

I've owned 3 dealerships and a bike shop, you've worked in them....... so what?
No I was a manager of a car dealership,also ordering parts and setting up repairs,we do it all the time. Buy parts to be brought to mechanics and dam they seem not to have those issues. Oh yeah so when those mechanics buy used parts from bone yards to be put on,like engines and trannys and such they don't seem to worry about that garbage. By your reasoning you shouldn't even be working on any bike/car that wasn't purchased at your place either......oh also the place sells the exact same tire but it would have cost me a $100 more for the 1's they had stocked and I seriously doubt they were blems coming from a sponsor on this site
I have also owned my own business and customers have ordered their gear being installed from other sources and we have still installed it. I am in satellite installation and communications now for oil rigs but use to own a contracting company for direct tv installs and you can buy their gear from other places besides "Direct TV" and they still give ya the same sevice........

Last edited by twisty571; 04-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lo-rider
This is very common business policy in many industries, and you should have been aware of that. You should also have checked w/ your mechanic 1st, before finding a deal on the tire.

By losing your temper, you stepped on your dick and lost a good source.
You forgot to quote the part where I said when I called and asked the price of just an install and when to drop it off and such I mentioned I would be bring the bike & tires in.
Yes so I decided to take my business elsewhere,there are more shops locally that I can use,they were just conveniant being the closest to my house. I usually order parts from there and have them do tires but at the price I pay there for their tires and install I can pretty much go anywhere for the same price........even the Harley dealership. As far as any mechanical stuff I usually do it or I have plenty of friends who know how but tires I was just looking to drop off and spend some money to save me the hassle and have it ready to ride but possibly save a couple bucks........shoot me!

Last edited by twisty571; 04-06-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Another 1 bites the dust.........