General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer that backed into th eguy's bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Where do you park your bike again?
Well "joe" I'll tell you where I DON'T park. I don't park around the side of a building behind a trailer. It wasn't the manager that took care of it. The manager did what he was told to do by the owner. If the owner is such a turd and YOU would have hit him in the mouth, I guess you're about one brick short of a load. Besides having a wrecked bike, you would then have at least a day in court, fines, yada, yada, and you would STILL have a wrecked bike but the chances of getting it fixed promptly and correctly would then be greatly diminished. Tough guy. I guess your one of those sensitive guys I mentioned that needs his fanny wiped. Now I'll tell you where I do park. Right by your bike if I chose to. I'm not impressed by your self righteousness. I doubt your as straight up as you think others should be. He took care of it. He talked to the guy on the phone. He tried to make it right. Now you're posting crap to try and make it hard on his business. I'll bet all the people that depend on him and his business for a living wouldn't mind returning the favor and give you one in the chops. They are really going to appreciate your character when they are standing in the unemployment line.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:13 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Getting a lot of mileage on this subject. Think the repost is just burning this into our minds. Sudda left it drop....I had forgot about it until this thread was started.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:36 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Getting a lot of mileage on this subject. Think the repost is just burning this into our minds. Sudda left it drop....I had forgot about it until this thread was started.
The whole thing is rediculous. A guy has what's basically a fender bender. The damages are going to be taken care of by the responsible party, but some don't like the way he handled it. He should have been more of what they consider to be a "stand up guy", so they go on a crusade to destroy him and his business. Nevermind the collateral damage they may do to the employees that work there or his family. They are dead set on destroying him over what? Does the punishment they want to dole out really fit the crime? If they are so righteous, why are they trying so hard to ruin someone as badly as they can over an accident? I hope the same happens to them someday.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:58 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
The bottom line is pretty simple. Besides being careless in backing into the guys bike, he also showed a lack of judgment in how he chose to notify the owner. This kind of publicity will do him no good even if he fixes the bike. It only confirms what many already think about dealers in the first place, they don't care about customer service, they only care about their next sale. Only problem with that mentality is that the guy will most likely take his business elsewhere.
BINGO, we have a winner.

The guy who hit the bike is expected to make it right, so he shouldn't be getting any 'attaboys'. His important business elsewhere could have waited 10 or 15 minutes giving him time to personally address the guy and hand him off to a manager to handle the details.

He didn't so now he and his dealership will have to deal with the influx of negative publicity he generated by not have the courtesy to give the guy a few minutes of his time. After all, he created the problem.

When I was running a multi million $ business the adage was 'for every negative comment a retailer needs 250 positives to just balance the scales.'

Its probably more now, but this dealer deserves whatever the outcome is.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
taz ride
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats done is done. Move to the next bitch. WTF.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If their was half as many people concerned for the way our worlds governments were treating us, their would be changes there as well. but these computer screen condemners couldn't find their own *** if it were on fire.
Get out there and make the changes you wish to see in society!
Did any of you know that NATO has a wish to reduce the worlds population to a half a billion people. we stand at 6.6 billion now! Suck on that!
my $0.02

aka rebel Bob

Old 04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

NATO? The North Atlantic Treaty Organization? Or do you mean the UN?

LOL

Old 04-08-2011, 10:18 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i am not going to read all these replys boring but he took reasponsibity and is going to pay no questions asked what s the big deal

Old 04-08-2011, 10:23 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
NATO? The North Atlantic Treaty Organization? Or do you mean the UN?

LOL
i think he meant the UN
that building in the city where the loons from other countries
jump on any world problem and beat it with a stern letter of reprimand

Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing for nothing, but that would be LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT.

Quick Reply: Dealer that backed into th eguy's bike