General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer that backed into th eguy's bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:12 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Apparently the big deal is some feel he didn't "man up" enough to satisfy their sense of rightenous, so they are hell bent on trying to drum him out of business over it. Must be nice to be such a stand up bunch of guys that they have never in their lives made a slip up against anyone elses sense of what the right thing to do is. And mercifully, they never had to pay the price the dealer and all those he employes are having to pay for having a fender bender. Those that have done harm, not to the owner but to his business, will be the first to tell you how virtuous they are. It's pathetic how quick and rigidly they judge others. None of them were even there or know the guy they are trying to smear.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:54 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

SgtSkiddz - I handled a huge number of accidents in my 22 years as an officer. I never heard one single apology.

A hit an run has a greater chance of happening than an apology. Have you ever watched speeders on cable? the most likely thing that a motorist does is lie.

We have created a nation of the famous SODDI defense. Some Other Dude Did It.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I'm in a hurry, after I back into a car (been there, done that), I should sit and wait for the owner to return, even if it could be hours? Nope. I'm gonna' leave a note on the windshield for them to contact me. This is precisely what the boss did when he called in to the manager and had him handle it. This is not hit and run. Had he not tried to make it right, that'd be hit and run.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

This thread just

Attached Thumbnails Dealer that backed into th eguy's bike-energizer_bunny2008med.jpg  
Old 04-08-2011, 03:33 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow 11 pages of this topic. He fixed it with no questions asked and had the owner notified. No different than leaving a note on the windshield and no one knows what his important business was to where you can honestly say it could wait because sometimes thing just can't wait. If I had more time I'd read through all 11 pages, I'm sure it is quite entertaining.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by danmo
Wow 11 pages of this topic. He fixed it with no questions asked and had the owner notified. No different than leaving a note on the windshield and no one knows what his important business was to where you can honestly say it could wait because sometimes thing just can't wait. If I had more time I'd read through all 11 pages, I'm sure it is quite entertaining.
It's not really.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

let me see, recently I was pulling a trailer not a common thing for me to do, but I do on occasion. I am very aware of where I am and what the trailer is doing. As I left a restaurant I turned down a row of parked cars, giving plenty of room for the trailer. Another car was toward the middle of the rows and I instinctively pulled the truck to the right to avoid them. My trailer and I stated so clipped the rear of a parked SUV. It did minimal damage, but I could not just leave a note. I went into the restaurant, had them page the owner, called the police, game him my information and waited nearly an hour for the police to come so they could file a report. It was absolutely my fault and I stated so. I called my insurance while waiting, took pictures of the damage, and got him the claim number and contact number for my insurance. I did this while I had been sick for about four days and had to run into the restroom every twenty minutes. It was the right thing to do, and the dealer should have taken at least 5 minutes to apologize. No I do not own the restaurant, but I am the District Manager of it, and could have called into the store to have the manager tell them my information, but that is just not right. Own up to what you do and do the right thing. I also bought the family their meal for their trouble.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadking2000
The whole thing is rediculous. A guy has what's basically a fender bender. The damages are going to be taken care of by the responsible party, but some don't like the way he handled it. He should have been more of what they consider to be a "stand up guy", so they go on a crusade to destroy him and his business. Nevermind the collateral damage they may do to the employees that work there or his family. They are dead set on destroying him over what? Does the punishment they want to dole out really fit the crime? If they are so righteous, why are they trying so hard to ruin someone as badly as they can over an accident? I hope the same happens to them someday.
They're not badmouthing him because of the wreck. They are badmouthing him because of the way that they handled it. Completely different subjects.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok if anybody remembers the original thread the guy found his bike in the lot and noticed it had been hit. He was then notified by another customer that it was sheldon who hit his bike..... Not the manager.
Just my 2 cents worth, that is not what managers are for. That is how people who think they are better than others think. He should have taken the time to find the owner of the bike and apologize himself. His rep is on the line and is taking a big hit here on BOTH threads.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:57 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This IS about human nature not an accident. For the most part Shelton is taking a big hit for all the ******* Harley Davidson dealers in this country... not for having an accident, but for "acting" as if he is above taking care of the incident personally... having one of his minions do the dirty work. Why are so many HD dealers hated so vehemently... here's your answer!!!

Quick Reply: Dealer that backed into th eguy's bike