General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jealous friends

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 PM
THEBIGPUNN
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jealous friends

anyone have problems with friends/family after getting a harley? i know this sounds rediculous, but i swear its jealousy and im tired of it. i grew up with not much, paid my way through college while working full time , landed a great job and here i am. honestly i can say i have almost everything i want in life material wise at a fairly young age. i recently built my second house being my own contractor and doing a lot of labor myself and bought my third bike a fatboy. since then, nothing but random bad comments and attitude from those i respected. what gives? i tell em to save their $$$ and they too can buy their own, but nothing was givin to me, and i certainly havent hit no lotto.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,447 Likes on 4,361 Posts
Default RE: jealous friends

You da man, BIGPUNN!!! You now have a million NEW friends, that ain't got no hang-ups or pretensions!

Whee!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:30 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My friends all hate me. I retired at 45 and bought me a new Roadglide. Just to stroke them, I call them at work and ask them where the hell they are all at. It's beautiful, lets go ridin.
No wonder why they hate me.
Gary D.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all i hear is "nice Harley" i must be doing something wrong [8D]

Old 10-18-2006, 07:50 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Been there. Bummer, but "good" friends don't judge you by how much money you have. Just do what I did, I just found new friends with MORE money and make them pay for everything....

lp

Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sad, lots of jealous folks in life. You know what they say "misery loves company". You aren't miserable like they are so they want to try and make you that way.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, Happened to me while I was still in the military. The last two times I was promoted ahead of my friends, they just turned a cold shoulder for a few weeks. I got all kinds of rude comments, it was childish. I told them "just study the books", but they all wanted it handed to them, didn't want to make the effort. Finally, when they made the rank, they acted as if nothing had happened. WTF!!! It just made no sense. Sometimes, a PCS is a good thing. After retirement, I bought my Harley and a few said, "what did you buy that for? or "You don't need a Harley" Amazing!, simply amazing.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

Pretty sad, lots of jealous folks in life. You know what they say "misery loves company". You aren't miserable like they are so they want to try and make you that way.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-18-2006, 08:05 PM
rkc2006
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jealousy between friends can be a real drag. You are the same person, but to them because of money/status, you have moved up and out of their league. I say just be happy that you are blessed to be fortunate enough to have all the things you do have. As long as you are friendly toward them, i see no problem whatsoever in enjoying the benefits of your hard work. Listen to "Positively 4th Street" by Bob Dylan to hear what he thought of jealous freinds!!

Old 10-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Greybeardrider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jealousy!......You Bet!....

When my son bought his Harley, I was so jealous, I had to go out and buy one too!

Quick Reply: jealous friends