General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jealous friends

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 AM
TexasTunk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jealous friends

Well I just gotta add my dos centavos!!!...When it comes nut cuttin time... The only true friend any one has is the person in the mirror!!!! The only person that needs to be happy about your new scooter or anything else you have is.... the person in the mirror....!!!! The only person you have to explain anything to or be in tune with is....The person in the mirror. To summarize....You have control over, have a responsibility to be honest with and only need to worry about the opinion of....The person in the mirror!!!. I have found that as long as I am getting along with... The dude in the mirror.... Neither I or...The dude in the mirror seem to give much of a shlit what the rest of the world is doing. If they spout respect and act right... I treat them with respect and treat them right... If they make the mistake of thinking their opinion matters to me.... I ever so graciously and gently explain to them that if I ever need their opinion.... I will explain to them exactly what their opinion is!!!. I usually don't have much of a problem with having a second conversation related to my life.... The secret is as long as you and the person in the mirror are okay with each other.... All has to be well. Also remember to be extremly GENTLE when explaining to someone that you could care less what their extremely well thought out opinion is of anything concerning your life.

Not saying I have the best attitude...But I will say... I normally don't leave anyone needing a dictionary to understand what I said!!!

Let the front end guide the way and you are bound to have a lot of fun!!

Nobody gets out alive... So ride like today is the last,

Gilesie

Old 10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

A general friend will come bail you out at 2 am, but a true friend will be right there with you, saying, "she didn't look like no cop..."

Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 AM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 friends.......... Me and Jesus............ We don't get jealous.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 AM
dastark
Road Master

I hear more of, "you going through a mid life crises?" F.U. It just took me that long to get financially set to afford one. "What are you wating for?"

Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dastark: Yes! THAT pisses me off too! I have always had a bike, since I was 8 yrs old. Now I'm 45--I recently bought a new bike and heard a couple of the Midlife chrisis comments. Some came from family that live out of town and don't know what I have in my garage. When word spread through the family that I bought a new hog, a family member called me and said (in a whiny woman's voice) "I have two words for you...midlife chrisis". I let her have it..I said "funny you didnt say anything about the 1984 and 1992 have had in my garage all of these years"! She said "OOOHHHH. I didn't know you had those". So I said, "Would you care to rethink your midlife chrisis comment"?

If someone never rode in their life and suddenly began to ride at age 40 or so, the comment makes a little more sense, but it can also be that they have always wanted to but could only now afford it. But if someone has been riding their whole life, how can you call that a midlife chrisis!!!??? 20 years ago, was it an "earlylife chrises"?

PISSES ME OFF!!!!!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:27 AM
seikan1
Road Warrior

Money does not make you happy...But lack of it can sure make you miserable.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Surfit
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

ORIGINAL: Surfit
The egg doner
Now that is FUNNY!!!

She asked me for a ride the other day
Surfit.......take her for a long ride on a really nice day........be a total gentleman........be very polite and happy.......refuse any attempt she may make to argue with you.......be Mr. Charming........then take her home and give her a kiss on the cheek......and say goodnight. Then don't do anything............that will kill her and she will be sorry you are gone........My $.02
I don't think I could bring myself to do that.[sm=confused06.gif] Plus, I would be disrespecting my bike and she would get stuck in my bell. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

My friends and I are friends no matter what we ride. I have a friend that rides a Kawasaki and another that rides a Suzuki another that rode a BMW. I feel that if they are really your friends, they won't make smartass remarks about what you ride. Maybe they weren't really your friends in the first place.