General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jealous friends

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jealous friends

If they're jealous, they're not a friend, only an acquaintance. Most can count their true friends on one hand. I have two. The others don't measure up when the chips are down, so they don't really matter what they think or say.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/0A28A24B3C5A4DD186782992B8B0329D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone is always jealous because of this or that, it doesn't necessarily have to be money. I've had people so jealous because I have someone who loves me and takes care of me when I need it. It could be that I have a family that cares, or obviously it could be money. But for me money is not it. Scootergrrl and I got Lucky and came into some cash, that's how I got my bike. Our best friend who was jealous got a flat screen tv from us. Was he still jealous? Probably, but what can ya do. Get richer friends with more money if it bothers you. Me, I'm still the same old guy I was before I had the bike with the exception of the fact that I HAVE A HARLEY. Like water off a ducks back.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I'm jealous of Sean and his hottie Heather, does that count? [sm=drooldude.gif]

Seriously, I think we all get a little jealousy at times of things our friends/family have. I never understood the people that take it to the next level though. I might rib somebody about something once or twice, but that's about it.

But then, I'm a pretty laid back person. Jealousy takes a lot of work!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had a friend jealous of my bikes, let alone making snide comments. 'course my oldest friends grew up w/little money like me so they know anything you get that is nice is to be appreciated. One friend is not into bikes of his own, but he has a nice custom truck. Another has had bikes but concentrated on drag cars and T/As he restored. He never made bad comments about my bikes, and never lorded his hot rides over me. And I never make comments about his stuff other than 'niiiiiice'.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once in a while someone says how can you aford a 06 Truck and a 07 HD? i reply, i work! That shuts them up, as the ones who say those things are often lazy and just do enough to get by, or worse mouch off others

Old 10-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Someone is always jealous because of this or that, it doesn't necessarily have to be money. I've had people so jealous because I have someone who loves me and takes care of me when I need it. It could be that I have a family that cares, or obviously it could be money. But for me money is not it. Scootergrrl and I got Lucky and came into some cash, that's how I got my bike. Our best friend who was jealous got a flat screen tv from us. Was he still jealous? Probably, but what can ya do. Get richer friends with more money if it bothers you. Me, I'm still the same old guy I was before I had the bike with the exception of the fact that I HAVE A HARLEY. Like water off a ducks back.
Bad decision anubisss

Buying your friend a flatscreen TV was a total waste of money that you could have used on your scoot....

Old 10-19-2006, 02:10 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah, I get people all the time tell me nice bike you must make way to much money. I just say" no but I do have way to many Bills" then I put my hand out and say "do you have any spare change man"

Old 10-19-2006, 03:00 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shooooot!!!!

Once 87Lowrider and Zombie saw me without the green lime helmet,,,,

Talk about jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They just couldn't hang with the good lookin' MAN-*****!!!!!!!!!!!![IMG]local://upfiles/4802/B281FE6E759444E7938724B3E4CF7C07.jpg[/IMG]

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

fulk em, true friends are happy for what you accomplish

Old 10-19-2006, 01:51 PM
free2be
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

fulk em, true friends are happy for what you accomplish
[sm=exactly.gif]

How immature for someone who considers themselves your friend to be jealous and express it to you, be it verbally or silently, because you have something they don't. A true friend, like mikeisglidn said, would be happy for what you have accomplished, or acquired and sure, maybe even a little envious, but jealous? I have a friend, or used to, that hasn't spoken to me since we got our house in March. I'm 40 freakin' years old and I finally own my first house, and she will not speak to me now because of it. I don't get it! [:@]

I'm so with mikeisglidn on this one, fulk 'em

Quick Reply: jealous friends