Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charlies Harley Davidson, Huntington, WV - thumbs up

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlies Harley Davidson, Huntington, WV - thumbs up

Yesterday was one of the first really nice days we've had here in Ashland with the temperature in the 70's and more sunshine than we've had at one time in over a month. I had the bike out and was getting ready to meet some friends and head out on a ride. I was getting ready to start my bike and head out when I noticed my boot was feeling a bit loose. I stepped off the bike and noticed the zipper in my Harley Havoc boots had busted out and several of the teeth were gone on one of the zippers. Im not sure how this happened but these boots were fairly new (bought last september) and not having another set to ride in (im a poor college kid) I didn't want to ride in tennis shoes. So I called Charlies where I bought the boots and talked to Dee Chapman in the motorclothes dept and she looked up my reciept on the computer where I purchased the boots back in September and told me that I'd have to bring in my boots and they would send them off to Harley and I would be reimbursed or given a new pair in a week or two. Explaining to her I needed boots now and I didn't wish to wait and miss my first long ride of the season, Dee asked me to bring in my old ones that day for an exchange on the spot and that she'd take care of the rest.

I want to point out the professionalism, friendliness, and quick service I recieved on something as insignificant as a boot exchange. I went down to Charlies and exchanged the boots for a brand new pair and was out the door in no more than 10 minutes no hassles. This is the kind of service you just don't find these days. It's typical to run into hassles on even the smallest things but Charlies got me out the door satisfied once again.

Keep up the great work guys!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Nabubba
Road Master

Always nice to here about some good dealers out there.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Now that is the way a business should be run, take care of your customer, the name of the game! My brother lives in Huntington & has been trying to get me down there to see their Museum which he says is really something. Did you check it out?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

That is how a dealership should operate. We frequently hear about poor service, it is great to hear the positive stories as well.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
lp johnny
Road Captain

I agree good to hear!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
RoofDude
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are Marshall...!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by streeteagle
Now that is the way a business should be run, take care of your customer, the name of the game! My brother lives in Huntington & has been trying to get me down there to see their Museum which he says is really something. Did you check it out?
I have been in there a hundred times but I've never checked the museum out to be honest. I heard that there is no longer a museum there because they shut it down when the dealership switched hands from Benjy's to Charlies. I believe it's been turned into a workspace or something a long those lines. I'll ask em next time I'm in there though and see. If they still have the museum I'll let you guys know! Charlies is a nice dealership though. A big maintenance department, a big showroom. They have a deli and decent sized parts section. Good sized motorclothes section.

Originally Posted by RoofDude
We are Marshall...!
I am Marshall! Senior that is, and I'm ready for the semester to end so I can ride more often!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Always good to hear about a good dealer,

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Bandit29
Tourer

I've been to Charlies a bunch of times. Great dealership!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:10 PM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

I stopped in just last month while Home for a visit. I am from Flatwoods, Ky...

Quick Reply: Charlies Harley Davidson, Huntington, WV - thumbs up