General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership owner backs into my bike and...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess I don't understand the "1 post thing". In the OP thread he has 3, still not alot, but doesn't mean he's full of bs. Years ago my dad backed into my buds bronco, put it in drive and left for town??!! Maybe felt embarrassed (sp) to do something so stupid.jmho

Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts
Default Not a hit and run

I don't think it was a hit and run , because the owner did send out a salesperson and admit to guilt, and offer to fix it up. Obviously he should have manned up and stayed there, but maybe as a HD dealer he knew how emotionally attached people are to their bikes, and feared for his life. Maybe he thought it would be less of an emotional confrontation if he were absent. Least he could do is offer you the best trade in of your life on a newer bike, or upgrade something for free. Good luck. Hope this isn't April Fools cause I've had a rough day, an don't appreciate the drain on my brain, for no reason, if a joke.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose
I guess I don't understand the "1 post thing". In the OP thread he has 3, still not alot, but doesn't mean he's full of bs. Years ago my dad backed into my buds bronco, put it in drive and left for town??!! Maybe felt embarrassed (sp) to do something so stupid.jmho
The OP has posted 3 times in this thread so his post count goes up with every post. If you go back to your very first post it will show your total as of today instead of 1. I think.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:21 PM
flhtcu03
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't accept anything less then him fixing the bike. But, you know, it's the fact that he himself didn't care enough to talk to me about it, is what really bothers me. Most people would go and try to find the owner of the vehicle he hit.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by flhtcu03
I wouldn't accept anything less then him fixing the bike. But, you know, it's the fact that he himself didn't care enough to talk to me about it, is what really bothers me. Most people would go and try to find the owner of the vehicle he hit.
Call the dealership in the morning and ask to speak to the owner, if hes not their ask them to have him call the mans who's bike he ran over. Let him know that his actions under the circumstances were not acceptable to you. At least it may make you feel better.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think if it's over $500 damage, a police report needs filed. That is unless the owner is very very sorry and intends to add quite a bit of extras....

Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Tripp_HPjunkie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shelton is a good guy he will take care of you

Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I'd wait till he came back and then with My Semi, I'd drive over His freak-in truck...... that'll teach him.....

Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
Lets see some pic's!
+1 Pics or it's bullcrap

Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flhtcu03
I believe you have a right to be bothered. He was down right rude. After he fixes your bike, I would tell him in a calm voice how he made you feel by not coming to you in person. If he does not act appropriately (apologize), I would call HD headquarters and let them know (i.e. throw him under the bus). Dealerships want good ratings from their customers.

Quick Reply: Dealership owner backs into my bike and...