General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A must read for all motorcyclists!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
oakleaf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this has definitely been some enjoyable reading. I posted this for two reasons, the first being this:

While this information is straight from a manufacturer who profits from the sale of tires, they still say it's ok to repair some forms of damage. They're not exactly pulling out all the stops to sell you their products and they know more about their product than anyone else. So even after you subtract the lawyer crap from the equation it's definitely still useful information, especially for those inquiring people who happen to have been inundated with opinions from the "what's your life worth!?" crowd.

Second reason has to do with the fact that there are new people who join this forum all the time. Not everyone wants (or even knows how) to slog through all the archive history to find what they need to know. I feel like this kind of stuff should be brought up now and again. If you've subscribed to ANY motor vehicle magazine for a few years you know that they run the same safety articles over and over. For every one of you old guys who've heard it all there are two rookies eager to learn all that "common knowledge".

Also, my favorite was "welcome to the forums". I laughed out loud on that one.