General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A must read for all motorcyclists!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
I find those that must be told how to do this is not worth the trouble to see if they read the article or if they knew if it was what they thought it was worth in the 1st place of the reading article of reading of knowledge of the first or there original thought of the writers thinking of what they were trying to say in there beginning thoughts..
I dunno... kinda sounds like lawyer talk to me... or maybe even a lawyer on crack... either way, nice response

Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Stash905
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Khorgan
That made my brain hurt.
It melted my brain

Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oakleaf
NEVER MOUNT PASSENGER-CAR TIRES ON MOTORCYCLE RIMS
That statement is as much BS as has every been posted here. this is a matter of option, I myself have thought about it, but can not make myself actually do it, but here are many members (just on this site) that have been running car tires for years with no problems. I think it is just a ploy by the tire manufacturers to sell more tires.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find those that must be told how to do this is not worth the trouble to see if they read the article or if they knew if it was what they thought it was worth in the 1st place of the reading article of reading of knowledge of the first or there original thought of the writers thinking of what they were trying to say in there beginning thoughts..
Too funny!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Just a freakin manufacturer trying to protect themselves from lawsuit.

I ran over a bolt which tore a good size hole and got a nail the same day. Crazy day it was. Put a used tube in the already well worn back tire and ran it for almost 4K more miles at highway speeds. Never leaked a bit of air.

Flats suck for sure ... but as long as you don't panic when you get one, most of the time you will be OK.

* Incidently ... I got 51 thousand miles out of that tire.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,436 Likes on 5,026 Posts

A must read...not even close. If you have some knowledge you want to share that is great, but give us a break with cut and paste articles.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
oakleaf ... Interesting article.... the point being made about sealant in the tyre's is opposite to what is on the tins of this stuff in England .... as it seems to be endorsed by certain safety org's ....... So now doubt creeps in ... i have used the sealant in all my bikes for years ....

tire manufatures never endorse quick fixes that may or may not affect their product.. the same goes with repairing a tire... they only recommend patching never plugging... it just releases them from any and all liability of tire failures if a person chooses to do so...

the funny thing about patching tires is the patches we use have a nipple/stem on the end that you have to pull through the tire to hold the patch in place and plug the hole.. the real funny part is you have to use a drill burr bit to enlarge the puncture to pull the stem through... now the hole is twice the size of the original and you've damaged more belt strand/cords in the process.. i have plugged oddles of tires over the yrs on cagers and have never had one come out or damage the tire.. and a few of them were on my own 1/4 miler car doing burnouts and all..

Old 03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
what?
You mind if I second that? What? This is the longest AND most incomprehensible sentence I have ever read.

in·com·pre·hen·si·ble (nkm-pr-hns-bl, n-km-)adj.

a. Difficult or impossible to understand or comprehend; unintelligible: incomprehensible jargon.
b. Impossible to know or fathom: incomprehensible mysteries.

2. Archaic Having no limits; boundless.

You wouldn't happen to do the translation for Suzuki shop manuals...would you?

Tech23

Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

But if they knew that you knew that I knew what the difference was before they were told about it then thier beginning thoughts would be probably not be at the beginnig but at the end if they had to be told in the first place.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,224 Likes on 5,852 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech23
This is the longest AND most incomprehensible sentence I have ever read.

But he used TWO periods at the end of it...

Quick Reply: A must read for all motorcyclists!!