General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A must read for all motorcyclists!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my instincts are good . Riding on repaired tires just doesnt sound like a long term situation I want to be in with only two wheels making contact on the road. Good info to pass around might save a life.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 AM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No form of temporary repair?This writer has never been in the middle of nowhere and had a flat.I carry the necessary tools just for a temporary repair so I can keep going.I'll buy a new tire the first chance I get, but it won't be on the side of the road.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

The lawyers that write that stuff would also tell you to never stand in the shower when the floor (or tub) is wet and definitely never use any soap or shampoo that could make the floor slippery.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
i find those that must be told how to do this is not worth the trouble to see if they read the article or if they knew if it was what they thought it was worth in the 1st place of the reading article of reading of knowledge of the first or there original thought of the writers thinking of what they were trying to say in there beginning thoughts..
what?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
Throwback
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carry what it takes to plug a hole to get me where I can replace tire. No desire to run a plugged tire.

I find those that must be told how to do this is not worth the trouble to see if they read the article or if they knew if it was what they thought it was worth in the 1st place of the reading article of reading of knowledge of the first or there original thought of the writers thinking of what they were trying to say in there beginning thoughts..
WTF did you say? I am almost stone sober and can't make sense of it.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
bikenut1957
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwback
I carry what it takes to plug a hole to get me where I can replace tire. No desire to run a plugged tire.

WTF did you say? I am almost stone sober and can't make sense of it.
I'm going to get drunk and try to read that again!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,827 Likes on 1,471 Posts

Originally Posted by Khorgan
That made my brain hurt.

That's F###ing Funny!!! I was hoping it wasn't just me.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 AM
QehQeh
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I've got a question - Has anyone on the forum ever had a repaired/plugged tire fail on them? If so, what type of repair was it and how did it fail?

BTW
I find those that must be told how to do this is not worth the trouble to see if they read the article or if they knew if it was what they thought it was worth in the 1st place of the reading article of reading of knowledge of the first or there original thought of the writers thinking of what they were trying to say in there beginning thoughts..
oct1949: I can get you in touch with someone who can help you with that.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Boomhauer!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
sddyna
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Think I'll have a couple of drinks and take another shot at this, sober just don't do it!!

Quick Reply: A must read for all motorcyclists!!