General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my daughter..

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 AM
ogh11756
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my daughter was about 4 she put my newly arrived registration sticker on the back of her big wheel just like she had seen me do with the bike, you should have seen her big smile.
After picking my jaw off the floor, counting to 100, and carefully salvaging my sticker i gave her a hug and a kiss.
Leave the tank the way it is, you will think of her every time you notice it.
It will also be great conversation when others notice it.

Last edited by ogh11756; 03-30-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just received a lesson in watching your children and you were not. They are quick when they are small. Every lesson my children have taught me has enriched my life. Now I am enjoying the grandkids and look forward to reminders of the trials of years past. When it comes to possessions and family the choice is always easy. Family first. Fix the bike and love the child----move on. This is just a small bump. There might be bigger bumps in the future.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowslinger1980
This is the phrase i had to mutter over and over today. That, along with some deep breaths and Progressive muscle relaxation (just finished anger mgt yesterday) helped me cope with todays events.

She's almost 2 years old. I work nights so i watch her all day every day. We do everything together. She helps me work in the garage becasue she loves it. She loves motorcycles. When i bought my bike she made the salesman crap his pants when she grabbed the throttle and cracked it open (i think they both crapped their pants).

Anyway, I was just finishing up my Power Commander install. The last screw, the one on the battery box. The one where i had to move my head down and concentrate on lining up the screw with the hole thus taking my eyes off the kid for 15 seconds. 15 seconds, Thats all it took. Apparently thats all you need to whip a wooden puzzle piece out from god knows where and help "polish" daddy's gas tank.

We will never find that puzzle piece again.

You didn't expect to never have a scratch did you? Good to get that first one out of the way so you dont have to worry about it.

my 2006 has numerous little rock chips on the fairing and saddelbage. comes with the @30K miles of riding.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:52 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me of a story of my son when he took a rock and started drawing pictures on the side of my car. He was so proud that he wanted to show me his art work. My jaw just fell to the ground. I was speechless and did not know what to say. And the car was less then a week old.

Oh yea, it was my 6 year old daughter who talked him into doing it. The boy was 3.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Another Young Sinner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing a little paint can't finish man. She's too young to know any better. Just be happy she seems to share the same interests as you at such a young age.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trmac
You got off easy, she could have found a wrench and been kind enough to loosen a bolt or two without you knowing.
When my oldest son was about 2 he picked up a wrench to help me work on my bike, putting a nice long scratch/dent in the gas tank.

That was back in the '70's and it was a yamaha!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,700 Likes on 791 Posts

My youngest daughter passed away 3.5 years ago; I'd give anything to have her back...
Cherish that scratch Dad.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,253 Likes on 4,783 Posts

1st off an apology to arrowslinger1980 for this brief Hijack. I'm siding with the kid on this one

I know I drive a lot of you guys nuts when I jump in and temporally hijack a thread with some damn story form my past....But I'm gonna do it anyway.

when I was about 5 years old, myself and my best buddy Mike were watching my Ole Man wax his car one day. He was as meticulous about his cars as many of you guys are about your Bikes. I don't know why none of it rubbed off on me.

Mikes dad had bought a new car a few weeks before and after watching my Ole Man wax his we decided it would be a good thing if we went over to Mikes house and did the same to his dads new car. We were sure we would get at least a trip to the local markets candy isle out of it.

We went into Mikes garage and found a can that looked like the can my dad was getting the wax from, we got a couple of rags, and set out to wax the car.

It didn't take long figure out that we weren't tall enough to reach even the tops of the door panels let alone the hood and roof, so we got a ladder and leaned it up against the car.

We wanted to do a good job so we even did the windows.

Well.....Later that afternoon, Mikes dad was at our door and mad as Hell!! The can we had used didn't contain wax, it was "Paint Thinner" and we destroyed the paint and windows on his new car.

My Ole Man pony'd up half the money to fix it and I heard about that incident for years to come. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I rarely wash or wax my bike.

OK Hijack over and I promise to try and stop doing this.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,253 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
My youngest daughter passed away 3.5 years ago; I'd give anything to have her back...
Cherish that scratch Dad.
+1 Lost mine in 1976, She was three. Would give anything to have had to fix here screw ups for all the years since she's been gone.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowslinger1980
15 seconds, Thats all it took. Apparently thats all you need to whip a wooden puzzle piece out from god knows where and help "polish" daddy's gas tank.
Take it out of her college fund.

Quick Reply: I love my daughter..