General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Linda/Softail Girl Memorial Patch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011 | 12:54 PM
LAMing
Road Master

So sorry to hear of this. The patch is a wonderful way to carry on the memory and respect for such a brave woman.

Like John TN said: Find another thread to poop on. This one ain't the one.

Old 03-26-2011 | 12:55 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

SOFTTAIL GIRL contributed greatly to this forum i think it is agreat idea that someone thought as much of her to do somthing like this, i hope i am remembered by people other than family when im dead. and doin it on there own buck. thanks and im in for 1.

Old 03-26-2011 | 01:01 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

i WOULD like to see a portion of the money go to cancer.

*** Gonzee come up with a little extra money and send it to a cancer foundation, also you can make the patch too and give back all your time and money *** this sort of thing does raise cancer awareness, if nothing else get an annual physical, early detection is the key cancer is the silent killer, ask Chappy he thought he was having a heart attack,,,naw just a chest full of tumors wrapped all around his heart neck and lungs. Thanks for your help in cancer awareness. John TN****

Old 03-26-2011 | 01:17 PM
chamokie
Supporter

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
The money is going to Texas Roadie as she is the one literally making and sewing the patches herself. This is a patch the Queens of the Road Group of this board designed and settled on to wear in honor of Linda's memory plain and simple.
Thank you for doing that. I never met this young lady and from what I read that is certainly my loss. I can't say enough folks, life is short, hug, hold and tell all family and friends you love them. We have all lost someone we love, wished we had spent more time, said something to them.Well do it.
I speak from expericance, having two massive heart attacks, I died twice, both times they had to jump start me. I then underwent emergency quad by pass, I got lucky, I am still here. Life is short, dont let it fly by. RIP Linda, someday we will meet and shake hands. God bless

Old 03-26-2011 | 01:30 PM
JohnT
Road Master

Thanks to Texas Roadie for making this effort, and to Georgia Girl and the others who have defended this generous action. To the rest of you, yes, you're free to voice your opinion, but if it's tasteless and tacky, why bother?

R.I.P. Linda Allard.

Old 03-26-2011 | 01:40 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

not pooping i diden`t know this lady never heard of her we all know someone with some form of cancer hell i lost both parents to it, not being a jerk i feel for her family not all of us have a persona realtionship with forum members, if you new her by all means wear patch, i run in local breast cancer marathons, i was jus wondering who she was to sell a patch and not even knowing whee the money was going to i.e cancer society

Old 03-26-2011 | 02:28 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member

*******I'm surprised that you didn't read my post about if you wasn't interested in patch or this subject not to be raining on this parade, you've made two mistakes here, this is about General Harley chat, Linda was a very contributive member, and you sir are out of line, you don't call out a moderator here in the open forums or repost something that a moderator removed. Enjoy your vacation you earned it. John TN HDF Admin staff!******

I'm surprised that a moderator hasn't moved this to the appropriate section of the forum (off topic, classifieds, non-sponsoring vendors). Or lock, or just delete the whole thing, so we can just wonder what happened to it.

Originally Posted by schumacher

You've been a member here long enough to know she posted quite a bit, and this section is the appropriate place for this thread.

I'm buying one
Yeah, I've been here a while, thought I was a good member for helping with a majority of my posts and personal messages to fellow members, but some many not see it that way.

As far as "Softail Girl"....to tell you the truth, I don't recall any posts by her. I don't know her. Maybe if she had a Dyna I would know of her.

Sincere Condolences to her family........

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
I started it and it stays. However, you and your sour grapes are free to leave anytime.
Oh! Did I hit a nerve? How do my shoes feel on your feet? Now if I was a moderator and you posted something that was really important to you and I moved it or deleted it, you probably wouldn't like it....Would you?...

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 03-26-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-26-2011 | 02:40 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I'm surprised that a moderator hasn't moved this to the appropriate section of the forum (off topic, classifieds, non-sponsoring vendors). Or lock, or just delete the whole thing, so we can just wonder what happened to it.

You've been a member here long enough to know she posted quite a bit, and this section is the appropriate place for this thread.

I'm buying one

Old 03-26-2011 | 03:35 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Cool

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula

I started it and it stays. However, you and your sour grapes are free to leave anytime.

Old 03-26-2011 | 03:51 PM
Tex42
Cruiser

I'm always amazed at the number of people who must sit at their keyboard, just waiting to post something hateful, tacky or derogatory. Sometimes it's a good idea to just keep quiet.

Quick Reply: Order Linda/Softail Girl Memorial Patch