General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why you should wear good protective gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why you should wear good protective gear

Cute girl, such a shame. I also wonder how fast the dude was running for it to just blow her off like that. Sounds like a heavy dose of driver/douchebag error!

Old 10-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Hiram
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good article. I've seen several cases of road rash, up close and personal. It's not pretty. Outside of third degree burns, it is just about the most painful injury you can have. It's treated just like deep third degree burns, and this girls description is mild compared to reality.

It takes a very special type of person to work in a burn unit. It's one of those areas of medicine where the cure is worse than the injury. I know I couldn't do it.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Unamed
Road Master

Article on her myspace says they were going 120 when she went down. 522 foot slide. Lucky to be alive and she knows it. One tough chick! I don't wear a helmet when i ride, but i have to admit that her story has got me thinkin about it. She's such a good writer you can damn near feel her panic while she is layign there in the road. Horrifying tale.
Having a passenger is a big responsibility. If you read more of her writing she talks aobut 1 year later riding on the back of the same friends bike. Then she started riding herself again.

I think her point in telling this story is that things can get out of control and theres nothing you can do about it. just hunker down and ride it out.
Stay safe everybody.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Her myspace quote is probably close to accurate. Using her stated slide to stop of 522 feet, the minimum speed was in the area of 112.

There is another video of a girl taking a header off the back of a sport bike (the one that falls forward as the guy pops a wheel, landing on her chest/elbows. I would like to see what HER outcome was.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

Her myspace quote is probably close to accurate. Using her stated slide to stop of 522 feet, the minimum speed was in the area of 112.

There is another video of a girl taking a header off the back of a sport bike (the one that falls forward as the guy pops a wheel, landing on her chest/elbows. I would like to see what HER outcome was.

Sadly I think she died. I remeber that one from Sportbike World.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

She got back on behind the butth@le that lost her running a buck 20? She must have road rashed her brain too!
ORIGINAL: Unamed

Article on her myspace says they were going 120 when she went down. 522 foot slide. Lucky to be alive and she knows it. One tough chick! I don't wear a helmet when i ride, but i have to admit that her story has got me thinkin about it. She's such a good writer you can damn near feel her panic while she is layign there in the road. Horrifying tale.
Having a passenger is a big responsibility. If you read more of her writing she talks aobut 1 year later riding on the back of the same friends bike. Then she started riding herself again.

I think her point in telling this story is that things can get out of control and theres nothing you can do about it. just hunker down and ride it out.
Stay safe everybody.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Bluerose

OUCH! That's really tough....she was a very pretty young lady.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:17 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Unamed

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

Sadly I think she died. I remeber that one from Sportbike World.

If that is the case, there are a great many "amazing video" shows that are dishonoring her memory, by repeatedly showing the video of it.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

OUCH! That's really tough....she was a very pretty young lady.

Hey now!
Still is in my book.
Just need to get her on a cruiser!

New2Harley: Humm not sure, I didnt know they were showing that on those shows. If so your probably right she must have lived. I cant find the thread on SBN where a guy says its his sister that died. Coulda been a troll i guess.