General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen or hard up for cash?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:20 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Not uncommon on CL.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

The pics are photo shopped from out of state clist,i emailed a guy in va when i saw his deuce in boston,,flag him!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Lunch Meat
Tourer

Scam.. I was looking for pickups on ebay and was watching one in kansas i liked, then i looked around the chicago area and saw the same pics of that truck, almost the same description, but one number was different in VIN. It was a dodge VIN but according to the vehicle report it had been in the se united states and never titled in illinois. He was asking about 5 grand less AND for your convenience you could just send the money straight to his bank account. Be careful. like others have said, no money till you see what you are buying and a title

Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Same ad on CL here in Boise, Idaho!!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
larry bart
Road Master
Received 293 Likes on 114 Posts

Dallas CL too!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 PM
tejasrider
Tourer

This same ad with the same email has shown up recently in CL ads in Texas, yes, it is a scam.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

here is the reply i got after writing and expressing interest in the bike:
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my 2003 Harley Road King Classic FLHRC with 14,900 miles!
The general condition of my bike is excellent,very well maintained, no damages and no mechanical problems, no electrical issues. I have the title clear, under my name.

The bike is already at the USArmy - Military Auto Transport Dept for POV(Privately Owned Vehicle) in Fort Lewis, WA.
Price was reduced to $2,800 (URGENT SALE) as I need to sell this bike in two weeks becasue I will leave with my platoon in another mission outside US. I'm US army member,and now US Army give us the chance to buy some shares at BNSF RAILWAY.Co at half price and for this reason I need a fast transaction.
Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like Google Checkout, using their Buyer Protection Program. The payment will be handling by the Google Checkout and you will benefit of 5 days inspection period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the bike on my expense.

I'm waiting your reply if you are interested to close the deal with me and I will let you know how we will do this transaction!

Thank You!
SFC John W. Norgaard
75th Ranger Regiment
Rangers Lead The Way

I'd love to catch this trash and stomp his *** for pretending to be Army!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same add is in the Grand Forks ND craigslist. Yeap, Scam!!!!!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Sad to say there are a lot of scams on Craigs list.Once looked into buying Boss Hoss off a guy who claimed he would should ship it to my door keep it for three days then ship it back if did not like.I told him for the price he was asking send it I would send him the money.Then he needed a few thousand,Oh the bike was overseas.Ya Right Pal!!!!
Do your homework!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a scam-dead give a way is the Gmial. I see this all the time around here. The person posting the add does not even have the bike-took the pic form a website. When you call or email they will be out of state or country and have some BS story. Long of the short is you will give them $2800 or whatever the price is an never get a bike.

Quick Reply: Stolen or hard up for cash?