General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006 | 09:52 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Default RE: What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck

You may have mistaken me for one of those less then 10,000 miles
a year R.U.B.s,Yuppies or Possers that think they know what
motorcycling is about while their out just trying to look cool but
really have no clue at all... (you know, Marlin Brando wanna be's)
playing Mr. Dress up on weekends!
You guys need to calm down. Just my opinion. Who cares how many miles you put on your bike, what you wear or what time of the week you ride? Enough with the labels already! Everyone here loves their Harley and loves to ride! Someone asked for advice on cold weather gear....for some reason this string has now broken down to what people can afford to buy, and what a poser is etc.

Relax people.
Yep

Old 10-21-2006 | 04:45 AM
JBA111
Road Captain
Default RE: What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

There are some real good insulated work gloves that are preaty cheap priced compared to the biker or hunting gloves. i got a good pair of inlul biker gloves too and on days with hours and hours of rideing I will wear one pair and lay the other pair flat under my coat in the chest area. then ever hour or two depending on temps, change them arround. So your putting on a warm pair of gloves every hour or so. And a turtle neck sweater and sometimes a good wool scarf arround the neck too.
Haveing put 3 of my 4 kids thru college, you better belive there are times you just got to use what cha got. And take care of it and hope it lasts till you can afford better. I hope ya get your boy home for the holidays.