General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006 | 02:13 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Default RE: What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck

We met plenty of Harley riders out there freezing their butts off wearing leather riding gear trying to look cool while freezing, I see no point in this, but each to their own! We heard many wives of these Harley riders ask their husbands (why do we have to freeze when there is electric heated gear like their using to stay nice and warm??)

Not one had a good answer!!

Why do you assume they are trying to look cool by wearing leather ?? All I own is leather so that is what I wear. sooo sorry I can't be cool like you and have a trailer behing me to haul a battery around so all my "cool" nifty elecric stuff can work. I get a strong feeling you don't ride for the love of it but for other reasons....................
The electric gear hooks up to the bike battery. No need for a trailer!

Old 10-17-2006 | 02:18 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Default RE: What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?

You may have mistaken me for one of those less then 10,000 miles
a year R.U.B.s,Yuppies or Possers that think they know what
motorcycling is about while their out just trying to look cool but
really have no clue at all... (you know, Marlin Brando wanna be's)
playing Mr. Dress up on weekends!
You guys need to calm down. Just my opinion. Who cares how many miles you put on your bike, what you wear or what time of the week you ride? Enough with the labels already! Everyone here loves their Harley and loves to ride! Someone asked for advice on cold weather gear....for some reason this string has now broken down to what people can afford to buy, and what a poser is etc.

Relax people.

Old 10-17-2006 | 02:23 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

Fat,layers & layers of fat

hey how did you get my picture.

Old 10-17-2006 | 02:26 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

45 degree's I wear boot's , blue jeans , short sleave shirt , light wind breaker (maybe ) and sunglasses.

Old 10-17-2006 | 03:11 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

cosmicHD
Prospect

You may have mistaken me for one of those less then 10,000 miles
a year R.U.B.s,Yuppies or Possers that think they know what
motorcycling is about while their out just trying to look cool but
really have no clue at all... (you know, Marlin Brando wanna be's)
playing Mr. Dress up on weekends!

You guys need to calm down. Just my opinion. Who cares how many miles you put on your bike, what you wear or what time of the week you ride? Enough with the labels already! Everyone here loves their Harley and loves to ride! Someone asked for advice on cold weather gear....for some reason this string has now broken down to what people can afford to buy, and what a poser is etc.

Relax people.

I'm totally calm so I don't see the point to you putting part of my post
in your post!!

I'm I missing something here??

Old 10-17-2006 | 04:46 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

We met plenty of Harley riders out there freezing their butts off wearing leather riding gear trying to look cool while freezing, I see no point in this, but each to their own! We heard many wives of these Harley riders ask their husbands (why do we have to freeze when there is electric heated gear like their using to stay nice and warm??)

Why do you assume they are trying to look cool by wearing leather ?? All I own is leather so that is what I wear. sooo sorry I can't be cool like you and have a trailer behing me to haul a battery around so all my "cool" nifty elecric stuff can work. I get a strong feeling you don't ride for the love of it but for other reasons....................
LOL oops , guess you can tell I don't know much about electric clothes huh ?? If I ever get one , I wanna look like the electric cowboy guy ....all lit up like a christmas tree

Old 10-18-2006 | 01:14 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

zukeeper
Prospect

quote:

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

quote:

quote:

LOL oops , guess you can tell I don't know much about electric clothes huh ?? If I ever get one , I wanna look like the electric cowboy guy ....all lit up like a christmas tree

Let us know how it works out for you??? .... "LOL"

Old 10-18-2006 | 10:14 PM
beltfedM60E3
Cruiser

Just to make sure the horse is really dead here is my two cents.

40 and below...I have no windshield, no body fat and ride a Softail Standard

Warm boots that have Gortex
loose fitting jeans or cammie trousers w/ poly pro bottoms.
t-shirt
long sleeve t-shirt
poly pro top
wool button-up shirt
surplus wool neck gaiterNeoprene face cover.
leather jacket w/ leather vest
beanie cap
gauntlet gloves w/ wind and rain blocker liner

Layers...layers...
loose fitting good...
....tight fitting will leave you cold.

My oilbag keeps my **** slightly 'warm' and the #2 headerpipe works when stopped for red light, just don't burn yer gloves!

Whatever works, works!

FIDO!!!

Old 10-18-2006 | 10:35 PM
anubisss
Banned

Full face helmet or bandana around the face and neck. My schott jacket with a tshirt and a fleece that covers my neck too. My sidi on road sympatex boots and maybe jeans with some long underwear. A windshield will help a lot, but I don't use one anymore. I guess I'd rather look cool than be toasty now. I have what I call Harley brain damage.

Old 10-18-2006 | 10:47 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

I put my hands on the cylinders(wearing gloves)to warm them up.I dont have any of that fancy heated outer wear,etc-.

Quick Reply: What are you best tips for staying warm when riding in colder temps?