General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is True-Track a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Virgilio
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is True-Track a good idea?

Hi friends,

I just bought a 2009 FXDC and wonder about this True-Track. They say it prevents that rear shaking (or whatever you call it in english).
I´ve been thinking about it cause I´m going to NY soon and it´s my only chance to get it for a decent price (I´m from Brazil).
What do you think? It costs around 400 USD. Is it worth it?

Thank you guys!!!

Virgilio

Old 03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Virgilio
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, I´m asking the dealers if they sell it and no reply so far. Any idea?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,965 Likes on 836 Posts

Maybe you should ask this on the "Dyna Forum", I know several folks over there use 'em...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:04 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

TT-know very little about it, but thinking the wobble was mostly related to the touring bikes.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

True Track is designed to keep the swingarm flexing from side to side. Due to the mounting of the swingarm on Dyna's and bagger, this is what happens and causes what is referred to as rear steer. Say for example you come into a hard left ahnd sweeper at 80 mph and need to trail brake in to set your line. Your bike wills tart to rear steer. The true tack will keep the bike from rear steering. I personally ride a softail which does not suffer from this issue but I have spent time with the owner of True Track and they sweat by their millions of customers who have installed it. I sit worth it? I think it really depends on how you ride. If it were my bike, I would get it and not look back.

The one thing that I dislike about True Track is the fact that their whole marketing campaign is based on scare tactics. I find that disillusioning. When I spoke with them in person all I heard was about people dying. The fact is that their products work, but I don't think that is a good way to market a product.

I sell the TT as well and will ship to Brazil.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 03-22-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you having any handling issues with the bike? If not, I would spend my money elsewhere.

Just curious, are shipping parts to Brazil a big problem?

Originally Posted by Virgilio
Hi friends,

I just bought a 2009 FXDC and wonder about this True-Track. They say it prevents that rear shaking (or whatever you call it in english).
I´ve been thinking about it cause I´m going to NY soon and it´s my only chance to get it for a decent price (I´m from Brazil).
What do you think? It costs around 400 USD. Is it worth it?

Thank you guys!!!

Virgilio

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Shipping to Brazil is expensive! Many places will not ship internationally. We will.

Drew

Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,203 Likes on 6,725 Posts

Friend of mine who has to have the latest and greatest of everything, took his off. It interfered with his center stand and made his bike sqeak at every little bump in the road.
It's ironic that the Moco advertised improved frames for '09 and up, and then this crap comes out. I put 2500 miles on a rented (fly-n-ride) '09, and couldn't wait to get back on my lowered, old-fashioned Electra-Glide.

One way of avoiding "rear steer" is not to enter a curve at 80 mph. And it's free. Duh.
Waste of money, IMO.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

This should be at the Dyna thread, but me personally I would not buy from True-trak.

And I agree as previously mention "Scare tactics".

I personally I am a big believer to learning to ride in mountains and learn the charateristics of your bike. You would be better served learning to counter steer and proper throttle controll.

But if you are totaly sold on spending your money check out the progresive link.

A much more simple solution.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
tacojunkie
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and it came with the bike pre installed . I like it. I have had two baggers and all I can say is that it is worth the cash. I can tell the difference.

Quick Reply: Is True-Track a good idea?