General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is True-Track a good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 225 Likes on 142 Posts

You also have to consider that eventually you will have to replace your motor mounts, as they are a wear item. Not saying the idea isn't good, but isn't there an additional mount on the new touring frame that is supposed to correct it?

There are also bushings in the swingarm that you can replace with more solid ones. Again, more vibes, but better handling. Might want to have your bike aligned as well.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:24 AM
TxEasyGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as promised I'm back to report on my True Track. After about 6k + miles with it installed on my '08 Street Glide, I am here to tell you that it performed as advertised. 1st trip was to SE Oklahoma then into Arkansas. Great roads with plenty of twisties. 2nd trip from Houston to Vegas then to Grand Canyon, Monument Valley National Park, to Colorado where we took Hwy 550 "The Million Dollar Hwy" from Montrose to Durango, from there we headed home thru Albuquerque to Amarillo then on to Houston.

The first thing I noticed about the TT was that the ride was stiffer. I adjusted the air in my shocks slightly and that helped. The rear end steer, that I noticed in big sweepers and on straight stretches at high speeds, is gone.
Before it felt as if the rear were on marbles, slightly moving from side to side, that is gone. On groved pavement, the bike tracks straight, both tires seem to be in the same groove where before the rear tire had a mind of it's own. The bike does Track True. Those are the facts. No squeaking, no vibration. Follow the installation directions and all should go well.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Just finished installing the True Track on my '95 Road King a couple days ago. Very impressed with the quality of material, fitment and engineering. 40 minutes to install. Took it for a test ride and immediately noticed that it cured the rear steer issue that has been giving me heart burn. I can now blast along at 70-80 without that confidence-sapping feeling that the rear tire is getting ready to fall off the bike. Haven't hit any twisties or sweepers yet, but definitely looking forward to it. My feeling is if your bike needs a TT, you'll eventually know it. If you're happy with what you've got, keep on riding.