General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know if the $13 Harley Sunglasses with the foam keep your eyes dry?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Lots of Harley haters on these forums.
yep - always raining on someone's parade.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:11 PM
hansman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several pairs of cheap sun glasses
but the Wiley X Rout with removbeable foam are the best for the price 65 bucks

Old 03-22-2011, 01:44 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have two pair of those $13 glasses, one clear and one dark. I love them. I also was surprised at the price, that's why I bought 2. The only thing is they hurt my ears when I wear them with my 3/4 helmet. They keep my eyes dry just fine.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

OK, not to be a doubting thomas, but I searched the HD website and not only could i not find a $15 pair of sunglasses. (Cheapest were $18) None of the 'cheaper ones' had the foam insert.

So, could one of you guys who seem to know what the OP is talking about please provide a link or part number. Ipaid $70 for my HD glasses with the foam insert. These did have interchangeable lenses, so maybe that raises the price. They were also ANSI certified, and maybe the cheapos are not. But, i would still be willing to try them.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by junior07
OK, not to be a doubting thomas, but I searched the HD website and not only could i not find a $15 pair of sunglasses. (Cheapest were $18) None of the 'cheaper ones' had the foam insert.

So, could one of you guys who seem to know what the OP is talking about please provide a link or part number. Ipaid $70 for my HD glasses with the foam insert. These did have interchangeable lenses, so maybe that raises the price. They were also ANSI certified, and maybe the cheapos are not. But, i would still be willing to try them.

I don't see them offered online. I found them at the dealer. They had 2 entire racks of them with black lenses, metallic lenses, and clear. They came with or without foam around the lenses and were priced at $13.95. You may need to check out your local HD shop.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
inthechateau
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing but a full face shield will keep your eyes dry in the rain. Said before-Fog is the biggest issue with extra moisture int he air and heat from the body. Takes a lot of airflow to keep that from happening. I haven't found apair of glasses that worked in te rain or heavy moisture enviroment.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought the clear goggles for 13 bucks and they dont say Hd on them but were bought at Harley Davidson Naples. Maybe thats what he ment when he said he bought a pair of HD goggles.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Harley kirk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buckle-belts.net or buckle and belts in Calimesa, Ca is where I get mine for about $12 to $18 bucks with the strap and foam . Plus they give 10% off to bikers .Everything is priced cheap there , good place .

Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopinRockwooD
I just bought the clear goggles for 13 bucks and they dont say Hd on them but were bought at Harley Davidson Naples. Maybe thats what he ment when he said he bought a pair of HD goggles.
No they say Harley Davidson on the sides of the arms.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

For a serious rain storm nothing beats a really good pair of SCUBA goggles . . .
Ya may look kinda funny . . . but at least you can see the folks in their cages starring at you!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know if the  Harley Sunglasses with the foam keep your eyes dry?-rain-goggles.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone know if the $13 Harley Sunglasses with the foam keep your eyes dry?