General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE! EZ-UP fails and NO warranty offered....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to laugh, but am sad in so many ways over this situation because it goes to the very core of the problem in the good old USA today... people get so polarized about such trivial matters.

Truth be told there are now more than 5000 (number of hits on this post) potential customers that Rod has affected in one way or another... unfortunately for him, most of them negative. I hope that he and his business can weather the storm and recover from the potential loss...

Based on the tone of his posts though, I do not really believe that Rod has personally grown from this diversity and remains a ticking time bomb which will go off again. Luckily for him and his company he has bike owners who have more money than accountability in these matters, and he will continue to sell his products to this ever growing market. In the old days he would be dead in the water, if word like this got out.

Economically speaking, the customer is always right... until you no longer want to grow your business. Especially if you have so few failures with your product as claimed here. In any business plan there is an allowance for defects of some nature... it's a cost of doing business. And yes you try to minimize this amount... BUT never at the cost of losing business.

I owned a car dealership and thank god that I had a mentor who taught me early on that customer satisfaction more than paid for itself. There were many times that I did something requested by a customer that was morally and ethically wrong for them to expect, yet I jumped right up and negotiated a plan that left them pleased and surprised. Why, because it was usually cheap and effective advertising for my dealership. End of story.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Glofish88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few words for digestion....read carefully.

Just a quick note.... I have been following this thread, of course, with much interest. My heart goes out to Rod and his employees. But, I can say to each of you that Rod knew my intensions on informing this forum since this is where his product was recommended to me. It was not an ambush.

I will address the entire issue, possibly as soon as Friday, once UPS delivers the repaired center stand.

Many of you have doubt as to my knowledge and expeirence regarding the proper use of placing a motorcycle up on a center stand. Some of you have questioned my honesty and implied that my intentions were less than honorable. Some have accused me of subterfuge as a means to rip off Rod and WHEELDOCK.

All of these I will address in due time.

But, if you read anything else into this, whether printed, imagined or implied, etc, etc.....READ THIS..... I am very honored to have conducted bussiness with Rod and WHEELDOCK and in the future I would not hesitate to recommend their products.

Please feel free to leave any questions and or comments you feel the need to express. Just try to be civil and conduct yourselves with dignity.

I will re-visit this soon and hopefully this issue will be closed.

Thank you Rod and WHEELDOCK.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is where the old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words" would have helped.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
scasey
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by Glofish88
Just a quick note.... I have been following this thread, of course, with much interest. My heart goes out to Rod and his employees. But, I can say to each of you that Rod knew my intensions on informing this forum since this is where his product was recommended to me. It was not an ambush.

I will address the entire issue, possibly as soon as Friday, once UPS delivers the repaired center stand.

Many of you have doubt as to my knowledge and expeirence regarding the proper use of placing a motorcycle up on a center stand. Some of you have questioned my honesty and implied that my intentions were less than honorable. Some have accused me of subterfuge as a means to rip off Rod and WHEELDOCK.

But, if you read anything else into this, whether printed, imagined or implied, etc, etc.....READ THIS..... I am very honored to have conducted bussiness with Rod and WHEELDOCK and in the future I would not hesitate to recommend their products.

Please feel free to leave any questions and or comments you feel the need to express. Just try to be civil and conduct yourselves with dignity.

WOW!!!!, I have read this entire tread and remember yr 1st one..... quite a change of heart from a dissatisfied customer to a person that is now honored do to business with the same company??

It is however your choice to change your opinon but at a severe cost to that companies future buisness. THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:42 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Your fighting battles with customers? I thought they were always right, so why are you battling with them? What happened with that?
99% of my consumers are great. 1% question the price of this or that and that they can get a better deal somewhere else, Yes those people I take a deep breath , nod happily and hope they never return. I would presume you are another person who has never had his own business or you would understand.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by TFTCAR
99% of my consumers are great. 1% question the price of this or that and that they can get a better deal somewhere else, Yes those people I take a deep breath , nod happily and hope they never return. I would presume you are another person who has never had his own business or you would understand.

You presume to much and I did well enough that I retired at 58 and haven't worked a day since. How about you?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by Glofish88

It must be April 1st or your completely out of your mind

Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazed this has gone on as far as it has without being locked out. Problem was presented, problem was addressed, problem with the OP and vendor was resolved.

With respect to "bad" service, how many people on this and any other forum has not a bad experience with MOCO in the same light? But yet those same people and those have written negative remarks still do business with them.

I realize Rod has a much smaller business but the principal applies. If you **** up (not saying either way) you pay the price.

Just some numbers thrown out, albeit a few years old.

Number of motorcycles sold in 2007 1.11 million.
MOCO share 28% so apprx. 308K
Number of views on this thread 5k
That is just new sales public/commercial and does not include those already on the road and government owned.

Having run my own business I understand the different view points. So what is the real loss of potential customers? Minute at best.

It falls along the track as boycotting the gas stations because of high prices just on a smaller scale.

JMHO

Old 03-23-2011, 03:43 PM
mrjimbo
Tourer

Rod,
Just placed my order for my Ultra...........

Old 03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
cray49a
Road Master

Try Covingtons Cylcle City in Oklahoma. I have one and I have no problems.

Quick Reply: BEWARE! EZ-UP fails and NO warranty offered....