General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been looking for an engineer style boot that isn't so ridiculously wide on top. I am currently wearing Ariat Alloy's, which I love except they are too damn wide on top. They are fairly comfortable for walking, waterproof, have a "metal mount" peg rest on the sole, a side zipper, mesh liner, and a nice high end buckle set. Sooo, my search continues. I am eyeing up some X-Element boots similar looking to the Chippewa rally boots.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If anyone is interested in a pair of United States Air Force Flight boots (black). I have a pair in size 9. Too small for me only worn once.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stash905
Cruiserworks are great for walking around on. Like walking on air. No kidding.
I bought a pair of new Cruiserworks 8" Defender boots of Ebay recently and they are very light and comfortable. They even look like regular shoes when worn with jeans. These normally cost around $270, but I think Cruiserworks was recently bought out by another company so it looks like the old stock is being blown out. I paid $65 with shipping on Ebay for a brand new pair of these boots. At that price they are a great deal.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Martimus
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just recently I picked up a pair of Bates Tactical boots on sale...

Good height, fits great, and very comfortable for riding!

I really like these boots...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:31 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I was recently looking for a new pair of boots, I had some very specific ideas about what I wanted. They had to be lightweight, waterproof, and comfortable to walk around in for long periods of time. I happened to stumble across the Ridge 9000 Ultimate boots.

They weigh in at 23 oz. (or so Ridge claims) but, I haven't weighed them to verify. They are definitely waterproof. I did a fair amount of riding in the rain on the way to and from Sturgis this year and my feet were always dry. And, they are without question the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. Plus, they were $114 shipped to my door.

Here's a link to the Ridge Outdoor web site:

http://www.ridgeoutdoors.com/

I don't think you can order directly from Ridge. I ordered mine from Botach Tactical:

http://www.botachtactical.com/ridgeoutdoor.html

On the Botach Tactical site, for the 9000 Ultimate boots you'll have to look under the "tactical" section and it appears they've gone up about $10 since I bought mine.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails best riding boots-9000-ultimate-large.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 AM
tonygret
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Redwings with steel toes. Got caught in a down pour this weekend, never felt a drop of water on me. I had full gear on as well.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...nch-boot-black

Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a few.

Classic HD riding boots (nothing special)
Magnum Stealth series, (not a lot of ankle protection)
Magnum Stealth with side zipper and steel toe
Canadian Issued Combat boot (**** for walking, great for riding)
Canadian Issued Desert boot (decent for riding/walking)
And last but not least, my twisted western boots, with strap/chains, good for snow.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member

Whatever you do, don't buy any boots made by Frank Thomas. I have a pair of thier Touring boots and they are - without a shadow of doubt - the very worst boots I have ever owned. Quite possibly the worst footwear of any kind, in fact.

I've had them for less than a year and the lining behind my heel has worn away to nothing so my heel rubs against the leather outer, the leather itself has lost a great deal of it's dye so now it looks like I have boots with ringworm. The sole is peeling off and wearing through.

Another fine British brand down the tubes. Guess where these boots were made...

Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member

Whatever you do, don't buy any boots made by Frank Thomas. I have a pair of thier Touring boots and they are - without a shadow of doubt - the very worst boots I have ever owned. Quite possibly the worst footwear of any kind, in fact.

I've had them for less than a year and the lining behind my heel has worn away to nothing so my heel rubs against the leather outer, the leather itself has lost a great deal of it's dye so now it looks like I have boots with ringworm. The sole is peeling off and wearing through.

Another fine British brand down the tubes. Guess where these boots were made...

Old 09-23-2011, 07:44 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 305 Posts

This is what I have. The side zip means you don't have to fool with the laces. They are extremely lightweight and very comfortable on the bike. I usually take along another pair of shoes for the workday while in my office. They are not the most comfortable shoe for all day as my feet do get hot in them. But on the bike they are very good and very inexpensive also.

http://www.onlinebootstore.com/great...tems/2263.html

Quick Reply: best riding boots