Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:42 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

i just bought some new redwing 968 engineer boots non- steel toe. the old boots next to the new ones are 2268 redwing steel toe engineer boots. they were bought in 1982 and the only reason i quit wearing them was, my feet grew.

Attached Thumbnails best riding boots-img_0038-riding-boots-968-and-2268.jpg  
Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
67wizard
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red Wings square toe. Great insoles.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:57 AM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
Yes, they are very comfortable. I wear them every day. I have four different styles, the lace to toe for my bike, loggers for work and Bison Packers for every day wear. My first pair lasted me six years, I wore them to work every day and all day on the weekends. They are still wearable but the is a split starting in the back of the right one.
You have much "hardier" feet than I have. I own these boots and use them for hunting and they are perfect for that, but that said I look forward to taking them off at the end of the day.

I have worn them when walking on paved surfaces and they weren't what I consider comfortable. YMMV, I have had 3 different surgeries on my ankles.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I've had the Chippewa Rally boots for about a year now. VERY comfortable, excellent quality and great looking boots. They're 12" boots though.

A friend of mine bought these Chippewa firefighter boots a few months ago. He's been riding 30 years and has went through many different brands of good quality boots over the years. He told me that hands down, these are the best, most comfortable boots he's owned. They have a unique look to them and IMO look great!! They're 9" boots. I think I'm going to buy them sometime in the near future.

http://www.stompersboots.com/gtwy_city-011.php

Also, I bought these boots for under $50. They're no where near the quality of the Chippewa's but I bought them because they're lightweight and they breath nicely in very hot weather. I was surprised how comfortable they are. They don't look as cheap as the price indicates. Maybe they'll last me a couple of seasons. For $50 I'm not concerned.

http://www.zappos.com/call-it-spring...lack-synthetic

Old 04-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

When I flew Med-evac helicopters in Seattle, the aircraft had no heat in the foot area and I bought Matterhorn, black leather, lace-up, thinsulate and goretex. Got them at the clothing sales on McChord AFB. 11" very comfortable waterproof/resistant, and warm. Haven't worn them around here in south AL because it's just not cold enough, but if I took a winter trip, I would. The Army combat boot I wear to work have toe indentions from the shifter, but they are free. I wear the tan to work but also have the black that I wear sometimes on "my time".

Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Tazzrider
Road Captain

Chippewa steel toed lace up logger boots. Heavy as hell to stroll in, however, I'm rollin not strollin.
Take a beating.

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/safety_toe/29435

Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
roox
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm happy with the milwaukee Accelerator boot. It's comfortable and the best part is with the double zippers easy on and off. Lace it up once and your good to go. Price is good to.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:37 PM
JR-Boston
Tourer

My "Milwaukee" boots were made in China. All the lugs around the middle of the left sole fell off within weeks, letting the middle of the sole sag down. Feels like crap.

JR

Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Lunch Meat
Tourer

I wear Chippewa engineer boots, but I wear the 17 inchers

Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

My last riding boots were Durango Wellingtons, but it's a struggle getting them on and off since my feet have grown, besides they're looking pretty beat...

Been using my Timberland hikers until I can find something better. Yesterday I ordered a pair of Carolina #902 12" Engineer boots, it was a toss up between them and the Redwings, but since the Carolina is still made in the USA I went with them, besides I don't like the extra bling on the Redwings.....

http://www.carolinashoe.com/item.asp?ItemID=902

Quick Reply: best riding boots