General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have moved on from....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:06 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: I have moved on from....

My CR phase ended in college (thanks to being broke). I almost got a VFR700 (all white) with what I saved for 4 years in HS, but since I lived in IA, I did not have a car for the 6 months I would need it. So I skipped the bike, got my first monster truck, and before I graduated college I tired of the sport bikes and went for the cruisers.

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:30 PM
BlueDeuce
Cruiser

How can you just diss your old riding buddies that you've invested over four years of your life with. That to me is SHALLOW! He rides...you ride...you still have that in common. All my riding buddies came off a sportbike and I was the last to make the change. They still rode with me, invited me on rides, and we went to rallies together. Me on my R1 and 8 other riders on fatboys, ultra classics, and heritage classics. We were a sight to see, but my friends stuck by my side because they were my friends not because of what bike I rode.

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:51 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BlueDeuce
How can you just diss your old riding buddies that you've invested over four years of your life with. That to me is SHALLOW!
Miss the part that his buddy was the one that disappeared?

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:54 PM
BlueDeuce
Cruiser

Yep.....my bad. Sorry bud!!!!

Old 10-15-2006 | 07:36 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer

I was a service manger, mechanic at many Denver Motorcycle shops, all metric, for about 34 years, until I got out of the MC business a few years ago. I bought a new Road King classic this spring, none of my buddies can believe that I bought a Harley. Most people in the metric world think that Harleys are still built like the old AMF days. I just say don’t make an opinion tell you have ridden one of the new ones. George

[IMG]local://upfiles/9350/78EA18877E714201B552896E4D9AC0E7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2006 | 09:52 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master

I hear ya anubisss. I recently sold my rocket so that I could buy a HD. I had a great quality bike, but I never looked forward to riding it. So, I'm moving on as well.

Old 10-15-2006 | 09:58 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

Although, a common interest often creates an opportunity for people to bond, share their experiences and create genuine and long lasting friendships ... This guy doesn't sound like he was much of a friend. Move on ... there are a lot more quality people out there, what ever they ride or if they even ride a Harley is irrelevant.

Old 10-15-2006 | 10:02 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master

Hey Skip,

Is that some shiny chrome on that shovel?
ORIGINAL: pococj

ORIGINAL: celtlion

I don't push it as hard now that I'm older either - sometimes it's just about enjoying the ride.
It's always about enjoying the ride!

Old 10-15-2006 | 10:28 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Most of these wanna be racers should be on a race track so they dont endanger the lives of others.
Just last week one of these squids went around a corner too fast and headed towards a group of riders on a poker run.He laid his bike down and slid into a couple on a HD.He sent the couple flying off their bike.They had to be air lifted to the hospital.The squid walked away.

Old 10-16-2006 | 03:53 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

Most of these wanna be racers should be on a race track so they dont endanger the lives of others.
Just last week one of these squids went around a corner too fast and headed towards a group of riders on a poker run.He laid his bike down and slid into a couple on a HD.He sent the couple flying off their bike.They had to be air lifted to the hospital.The squid walked away.
The squid should have been beaten down by all the rest of the people on the poker run. I hope they sue is punk ***. I hate squids.

Quick Reply: I have moved on from....