General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley add

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
SquishFace
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: harley add

he's like a republican congressman, he knows its wrong, just can't help himself!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:24 AM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care if there are 2000,000 or 10,000,000 for that matter. There are a lot of riders that don't get it, just want to be something they can't find. Soon they are disappointed with the bike as well because it does not get them to the place they are lacking either. Bottom line is there is indeed something about a real rider that really longs for the ride and the wind. AND the HD legend, for what it really is and stands for. Other makes, jap or domestic can't acheive this legend no matter how fast they go, how reliable they are, how they handle, or how cheap they are, or how they look and sound. Wait a minute, I just thought of something.... "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand". I understood the commercial and I liked it.

ORIGINAL: jackhammer

Just like the other 2,000,000 that ride!"

Old 10-22-2006, 01:30 AM
IRready
Road Master

SqiushFace, I will agree with your statement, but at least a republican knows enough to know he's wrong!
OK, I am out of the political debate......

ORIGINAL: SquishFace

he's like a republican congressman, he knows its wrong, just can't help himself!

Old 10-22-2006, 01:31 AM
SquishFace
Road Captain

well thats two crunchy cookie topics in one post. I don't see what people who ride Harleys cause they're popular has to do with a commercial that calls us all sheep (a flock of black sheep is still a flock of sheep. thanks Harley[sm=lame.gif]).

Old 10-22-2006, 01:32 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

Jackhammer and T3:

I think you are both right to some degree. Harley riders are not black sheep anymore. We are not scary any more. I remember when people were afraid to make eye contact with bikers. Every biker was thought of as a Hell's Angel. We may be slightly more "out there" than the average accountant, but, more and more I find myself riding with that average accountant.

Jackhammer is also correct, we are rolling billboards and the brainwashing has worked to a certain extent.

I think we can all agree on a few things: We ride because we love it. We ride because it represents freedom and escape. We ride because it clears our mind. We ride Harley's because they represent American engieering and they sound so damn good. And if, while riding, we still scare the "church lady" or a cager, and that makes us feel a little like a rebel, well that's a bonus and a little taste of the "old school". But we must realize that there are only "little tastes" left. Gone are the days of the whole enchilada!

Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
jackhammer
Tourer

Well put Fmshiner. T3 your right to. I guess when I think of black sheep I think of those who never mounted to much in life, who couldn't take instruction and ended up on social assist roaming aimlessly across the contry doing odd jobs to feed themselves in which case at todays prices they couldn't afford a harley anyway. I get the commercial, I just think its a poor comparison.

With that said I appologize once more and I'm going to sit at the window and sulk because of all the snow that has fallen overnight.

Snow is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.