General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pucker factor on first rides of the season

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011 | 06:48 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

Originally Posted by kanelakos
When I took my MSF course last summer, our instructor emphasized that come spring time your skills will be a bit rusty. (assuming one lives in cold country) Makes sense to me. I wouldn't worry. I have yet to get my bike out of storage. When I do hop on for first time this year, I will start slow and hit parking lot to practice skills I learned last year... then hit the streets.
Living in Fla, I can ride year round. Cant imagine it any other way, but if I dont ride a lot, I feel less in control of what Im doing. Funny how taking off a week from riding, can bring out the rust...

Find an empty parking lot, practice your basic skills, regain control of the bike, etc... Slow riding practice drills can and do save yer butt

Old 03-22-2011 | 07:12 AM
kanelakos
Road Master

Originally Posted by Araba Shriner
Living in Fla, I can ride year round. Cant imagine it any other way, but if I dont ride a lot, I feel less in control of what Im doing. Funny how taking off a week from riding, can bring out the rust...

Find an empty parking lot, practice your basic skills, regain control of the bike, etc... Slow riding practice drills can and do save yer butt
A week off.... I wish! Try 5 months! Suppose to get 1-3" more tomorrow. I got to get my *** back to AZ! Yep, practicing slow riding skills is what I plan on doing for at least an hour or more the first day I break it out of the shed.