General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XR1200 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:12 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: XR1200 Prototype

ORIGINAL: grunt

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD
ORIGINAL: anubisss
Hey it's a "girls" bike with a lotta horespower stock.
THat is funny because that so called "girls bike" would vaccum the chrome and paint off your "tough guy" Fat Boy...
That's why it's a GIRLS bike. Or a San Francisco edition.
Ha ha -- that is funny. I give you props on that retort.

I just find knuckledragging comments about Sporty's being a girls bike to be funny. Coming from c-rockets, I actually find all the anti-metric, anti-Harley and other "anti" related comments to be pretty pathetic in a humorous way. Given the history and performance of the model, it is actually quite laughable to call it a girls bike. Especially when you consider most of the girls I see are on soft tails and the like, and not on a bike that sits higher, has a higher center of gravity, would be harder to ride and offers more power and handling. The XR1200 is hardly a girls bike. Outside the V-rod line, it is on track to be the meanest factory stock model to be offerred. And imagien that thing after a "stage 1 or Stage 2 etc.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:25 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Coming from Nekkid Rice bike I can say they are VERY popular overseas and are growing in popularity state side. I like the bike, it will bring more riders into our community and ensure the long term viability of HD.

JMHO. [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 PM
blueduece
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of looks like they mated a sporty with a Buell, not really sure if do/dont like it.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just find knuckledragging comments about Sporty's being a girls bike to be funny. Coming from c-rockets, I actually find all the anti-metric, anti-Harley and other "anti" related comments to be pretty pathetic in a humorous way. Given the history and performance of the model, it is actually quite laughable to call it a girls bike. Especially when you consider most of the girls I see are on soft tails and the like, and not on a bike that sits higher, has a higher center of gravity, would be harder to ride and offers more power and handling. The XR1200 is hardly a girls bike. Outside the V-rod line, it is on track to be the meanest factory stock model to be offerred. And imagien that thing after a "stage 1 or Stage 2 etc.
I was actually planning on getting a Sporty this last time. The est mpg was great and was lighter than any of my other rides. But then I saw the StreetBob, and that changed.

I don't get into the 'girls vehicle' thing anyway. Before it died, everyone called the Pontiac TransAm the girls Camaro. Only problem was the TA looked better than the jogging shoe Camaro. I would not have hesitated to get one - almost picked up a never driven Formula one time for about half of list (dealer's kid dropped it off the truck and broke the rear suspension).

AFA the foreign bikes, if others want to get them that's fine by me. But I love to collect American iron.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:27 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd buy one to go with my Roadglide. I like it. Always like the 750's. Basic. Reminds me of Evil Kneivel. No one ever called him a girl.
Gary D.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:24 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: grunt

I was actually planning on getting a Sporty this last time. The est mpg was great and was lighter than any of my other rides. But then I saw the StreetBob, and that changed.

I don't get into the 'girls vehicle' thing anyway. Before it died, everyone called the Pontiac TransAm the girls Camaro. Only problem was the TA looked better than the jogging shoe Camaro. I would not have hesitated to get one - almost picked up a never driven Formula one time for about half of list (dealer's kid dropped it off the truck and broke the rear suspension).

AFA the foreign bikes, if others want to get them that's fine by me. But I love to collect American iron.
Ditto.

I had a 94 Formula 350 with the Vette package (drivetrain, engine, 6-speed tranny). I had that thing so tricked out it used to embarass Mustangs and Vettes left and right. Great car to burn some rubber in. But my speed days are over. I used up too many of my nine lives and the patience of the judicial and insurance systems.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
C.Jay
Tourer

https://www.hdforums.com/m_825141/tm.htm

More info here

Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: g money

I'd buy one to go with my Roadglide. I like it. Always like the 750's. Basic. Reminds me of Evil Kneivel. No one ever called him a girl.
Gary D.
That'd be a great combo. I know if I got another bike I would get a Street Glide to go with my Roadster.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
tedali2004
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: g money

Gary D.

+1 A real high flyer.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
pitbulldog
Road Captain

Has anyone heard any price on this?