General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D CEO $6.4 Million

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011 | 09:35 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by warrconn
Great for them, but I believe I read that either GM or Chrysler are giving bonus to their hourly workers even though they did not make a profit. What a joke...

Old 03-15-2011 | 09:36 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master

Originally Posted by mjones
Just blame the unions. Typical right wing nut job

<-------Executive Director, Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy.

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:00 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mal74
Those workers had the same opportunity when they were young .... stay in school ..... get an deducation .... apply themselves and work hard ..... then maybe THEY could be the CEO~!
So why don't you tell us all what you did with the 6.4 million dollars YOU made last year?. I'm amazed they hire a guy to do a job and it can only be done by overpaying him, and people think he's great. You mean they couldn't have paid him 2 million, and he couldn't get the job done the same?.,,

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:07 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master

Originally Posted by big cahuna
So why don't you tell us all what you did with the 6.4 million dollars YOU made last year?. I'm amazed they hire a guy to do a job and it can only be done by overpaying him, and people think he's great. You mean they couldn't have paid him 2 million, and he couldn't get the job done the same?.,,

Has to do with supply and demand. Men that can do to businesses are in demand, and there's not much supply. Prices go accordingly. Prices also go accordingly for Joe Sixpack, who can spin a wrench on a motor on an assembly line. There is a low demand and high supply of those guys.

Or would you rather disregard the supply and demand model in favor of class warfare?

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:21 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by big cahuna
That's funny right there..... speakin of funny .... I don't see anyone bitchin n moanin what their favorite NFL, MLB, NBA, or Hollywood star makes!!

Who is it? Charley Sheen..... $1.1 MILLION for a 30 minute episode. Give me a friggin break!

Truth be known, 6.4 mil to lots of them is chump change!

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:22 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by chamokie
Way over paid, no one should make that kind of money while the people that work their butts off to keep any company going get the smelly end of the stick. That profit should have been distributed to the employees, they earned it, and it would certainly boost the morale of all concerned.
LOL...read your license plate

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:27 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by midnight2005
Remember where we were before unions.
You mean free...without commnism

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:29 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjones
Just blame the unions. Typical right wing nut job
unions suck the life out of all companies...they need to be abolished.

Old 03-15-2011 | 10:55 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Good for him. The 55 million loss was because of the costs of the decision to shut down Buell and almost give the Italian bike company away for 10 cents on the dollar that they paid for it without that there was a profit on operations.

I do hope that when they finish their seven years of selling Buell parts that they offer the brand name back to Eric for a modest amount.

I am still mad about not selling Buell.

But he has saved HD and is using some of the money for debt repayment in the financial arm. So, I will consider that the success of HD is more important than the loss of Buell.

I will not understand those in America that hate for people to do well. If it were communists, I could understand. Oh! Wait it must be blood sucking union leaches.

Last edited by lh4x4; 03-15-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2011 | 11:01 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by chamokie
Way over paid, no one should make that kind of money while the people that work their butts off to keep any company going get the smelly end of the stick. That profit should have been distributed to the employees, they earned it, and it would certainly boost the morale of all concerned.
You would probably be much happier in North Korea or Viet Nam.

Quick Reply: H-D CEO $6.4 Million