General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D CEO $6.4 Million

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011 | 05:46 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
He ain't the owner. He is an employee.

The company is publicly held. It's not a private company.

Not sure any amount of labor is worth the money he earned in 8 months.
Ask they guys who 'owned' the franchises that he had closed down.
BINGO! It is a public traded company. Let the shareholders decide. They own the company.

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:00 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

Yep the death of Harley Davidson by so many naysayers on this site has been greatly exaggerated

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:03 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

If he brought them from 55 mil loss to a massive gain in profits, he is doing something right and has, good or bad, deserved what is coming to him. I say get every penny you can, your time, their time, my time is worth alot.
This guy figured out how to get his and lot more. I cant knock someone for making money. I should, I am a teacher and I dont. I know union guys that get big bread for short work, and vice versa, guys that slave for short money. Get every dime you can while you can, becuase they are sure as hell are not going to give it to you unless you ask for it.

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:09 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain

Are you upset with this because he made so much money or... because you didn't?

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:13 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master

If he can keep the MOCO in business so I don't have to buy a rice burner or a Victory - pay him more. Don't think HD would have survived too many years losing $55 mil.

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:19 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member

He may have had something to do with HD making money, and possibly had nothing to do with it.

He could be just a figure head, or actually some who had major changes implemented that panned out well ... for him ... or the Board of Directors, or the Bottom Line, or the Workers ...

My guess (for the Most Part) - we'll never really know what went on behind the closed doors ..

Yup, sorry to say - We're NOT in the LOOP ... as usual

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:19 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member

Their major loser was HDFS, ( Financial Services,) getting that under control, eliminating the under producing Beull line and renegotiating the massive union contracts is what he did, and HD needed. But I still question the 6.4 mil, Iacocca did it with Chrysler and took $1 a year to pull Chrysler out of it back in the 80's. What's one guy worth? Someone wouldn't have done it for say, a half a mil?

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:29 PM
mthomassr
Novice

ceo aint worth crap without good employees. employees get a paycheck ceo gets a paycheck and bounses for keeping the employees in their place !!!!. lower middle class hoping to make ends meet and god forbid if something bad happens in the family

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:30 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Their major loser was HDFS, ( Financial Services,) getting that under control, eliminating the under producing Beull line and renegotiating the massive union contracts is what he did, and HD needed. But I still question the 6.4 mil, Iacocca did it with Chrysler and took $1 a year to pull Chrysler out of it back in the 80's. What's one guy worth? Someone wouldn't have done it for say, a half a mil?

If it was his decisions that turned the company from losing 55 mil a year to a 146 mil profit, it sounds to me like he was worth approximately 146 mil per year to H-D. If he was really the one who turned the ship around, then I'd venture that 6.4 mil a year was a pretty good deal for H-D.

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:46 PM
chamokie
Supporter

Way over paid, no one should make that kind of money while the people that work their butts off to keep any company going get the smelly end of the stick. That profit should have been distributed to the employees, they earned it, and it would certainly boost the morale of all concerned.

Quick Reply: H-D CEO $6.4 Million