General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagle Rider: Las Vegas, NV

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I worked out at Callville Bay on Lake Mead in the summer of ’07 and we got a lot of riders stop by there to cool off on the way up to the Valley of Fire…….some cool roads in the National Park, but they do charge……… Mt. Scott was a really neat thing to see so close to the 115 degree heat of the summer. That’s about as far as I ventured around…….. not much to see between Vegas and LA until you get to the mountains before LA and then it’s just city traffic all the way pretty much.
I’d go out to the Grand Canyon and hit all the National Parks in Utah, but I didn’t do it myself. I’d love to see the Sedona area that you mentioned too. Has to be spectacular. Enjoy!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Antihero
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sounds like a blast, after reading this thread I may just rent a bike for a day. Ill be in Vegas for the weekend. Always wanted to do red rock canyon and the grand canyon

Old 03-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just out there about 2 weeks ago. Rented from Street Eagle. It was cheaper than the HD dealer. I was there during the NASCAR weekend and made last minute reservations with them as everybody was booked out. I ended up with an 09 Road King that I wasn't exactly impressed with as far as the overall condition of the bike. I understand it's a rental, but damn. It ran and it was safe, but I wouldn't do that again in hindsight. I'm not knocking Street Eagle completely as I could have refused the bike, but when I dropped it off, I did let them know that I wouldn't rent a bike in that condition again.

The riding was great once you get out of Vegas. We didn't have a lot of time, but we rode to the Hoover Dam and down to California just to say we rode there (lol). If I had it to do over again, I'd make sure I had a couple of days to ride and have a better bike. You will enjoy it.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
nukeman19
Novice

I rented from Henderson Harley last summer and was very satisfied with their service and bike. I know that HOG's fly and ride program has changed, but I rented in San Diego last month, and when I mentioned that I was a HOG member, the dealer rented me a 2011 Road Glide Custom (103 inch) for 100/day (of course that ended up costing me a grand to upgrade my bike when I got home!).

Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 PM
HD Roamer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by howitzer88
OK, so my boss is sending me to Vegas next month for a 3 day convention. Thinking about scheduling some vacation time on the tail end. Contemplating renting an EG from Eagle rider for about 7 days and do some serious miles. Cost is about $1100 with unlimited miles. Anyone have any comments about Eagle Rider or this plan? Nice routes with awesome scenery?
Not for nothing but this is something I happen to know a great deal about. In 2003 I rented from LVHD and they were great; usually go to LV every year for the ACM Awards and always rent from them - bikes were always current model year and in great shape and you can get a multi-day/week discount. Now for the ride....actually the best part.

Second week in May - Rode 7 days, 1500+ miles. Started from LVHD in morning rode north to Mount Zion, absolutely beautiful riding and yes it will most likely be cool to cold in mid April. Liked Zion so much we stayed an extra day then departed to Bryce Canyon but ride the Grand Staircase while your there...don't look for a staircase there isn't one, just in name only. From there ride south to North Rim of Grand Canyon - call ahead first to see if park is even open as there will be snow (there was on my trip but only in meadows). BTW North Rim is worth seeing and way different than South Rim (more desert sage and such in south). Left out of there late in day not too late as its a good ride from there to Tuba City. Stayed overnight there then on to South Rim and left there riding 180 to Flagstaff. Spent the night in Flagstaff - BTW there is a really cool road house near Harley Dealer in Flagstaff that is worth going to. Left Flagstaff and rode through Cottonwood Canyon to Sedona (breathtakingly beautiful ride would be understated). Stayed night in Sedona and went to Jerome before nightfall as a side trip which was very cool. Left Sedona down to Prescott and then straight back north to Route 66 and rode it the whole way to where it intersects in Kingman. If you do this ride you will look back and dream about doing it again - I guarantee it!! This was the absolute best time I've ever had on any vacation in my life ever and my friend and his wife stated the same.

One advantage to renting from LVHD is they will take care of you and have always catered to me + you have the HD dealer network to fall back on anywhere; something to keep in mind. Best of luck on your ride choice and

BTW this one took 7 days exactly. Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston and Valley of Fire/Hoover Dam (on this one ride north to Valley + exit by Hoover Dam) are all really cool local half day to day trips from LV but if you want the ultimate trip do the one above. If you want some pics PM me and I'll share some of what we saw.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Old 03-16-2011, 05:55 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Default Eagle rider

You do a search on here for eagle rider. Seems I recall a forum member had a connection with someone from Eagle Rider and was giving discounts to forum members. If you can't find the thread just be sure and mention that you are a HD Forum member. Have a great ride. This is why I moved out here!!!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:54 PM
icewater103
Road Captain

I just spent a week on an Eagle Rider Electra Glide out there and had a blast. They treated me great, nice bike and absolutely beautiful country. I didn't want to turn the bike in or come back. Have fun and ride safe.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM
iambill
Tourer

He everyone.
We just got back from Vegas. While we were down there my brother-in-law an I wanted to rent bikes for a couple of days. Unfortunatly 4am and tequila prevented us from renting for 2 days, but we were strong enough to remain (at least) a little sober to rent for 1 day.
I checked Las Vegas Harley, and Eagle Riders. I dicided to go with Eagle Riders and save $70 for the day.
I tell you, we were both very happy with our choice. The only problem was that they only had 1 streetglide left (my own fault for not reserving). So I rode a electraglide classic. not a big stretch since I own an ultra.
anyways.....
I would rent from them again in a heartbeat. They were super friendly, gave us their opinion on their favorite rides (valley of fire and lake meade recreational area) is what we decided on. By the way there were maybe 6 vehicles on the entire 70 miles.
When We hoped on the bikes I didn't notice that the tank was only half full. When we stopped for breakfast in Bolder, ( the coffee cup is a fantastic pit stop) I called in told them, and no prob just return it with a half tank.
Again GREAT POEPLE TO DO BUSINESS WITH!!!!!!!!!

see you on the road

Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM
OB-WAN
Intermediate

Like a few others, I too had a great experience with Eagle Riders in Vegas. Be sure to reserve your bike and GET THERE at the opening. Some days they have people waiting hours for bikes.

Great people, good bikes and great service.

Quick Reply: Eagle Rider: Las Vegas, NV