General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No More Corbins

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No More Corbins

I am DONE with Corbin. I have bought several seats, all custom, from them in the past. Pickup up a 4 month old Corbin Dual Tour off ebay (mistake #1) at a not so good price, but WTH. Missing wiring harness from the seat to the bike. NBD, buy the replacement harness, right! WRONG! Corbin will not sell the replacement harness to you unless you are the original purchaser from them. If you are not, then you have to pay for a full re-cover ($140 less than a new seat) to get the plug. Lessons learned... Don't deal with Corbin in the future, and two, if you buy a used one, count on zero support for parts... Between Corbin's refusal to honor the warranty on my RK seat (leather ballooned up like someone pumped up the seat), and now this, I will be taking my money elsewhere and ******* Corbin for the next 35 years or so I have left to ride... rant off.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

C&C Seats! (shameless plug for those two). American made and great customer service!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
GrandpaSpike
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for the C&C. Good guys.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree on C&C seats, as I have the Squareback and it is a great seat. My GF has Corbin and loves her seat. We are close enough to ride to Hollister where she had the seat redone to fit her even better.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They make some good looking seats. I was going to ride up there to get a custom fit one.
Only problem is I think the one they make for the Rocker is hideous.
So I went with a Danny Gray solo for mine.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Luckily I have not had to deal with Corbin's customer service.

However, the seat is fantastic as hell! My $0.02.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my Corbin used over Ebay 3 years ago. It was the two-up Gunfighter & Lady seat. A great seat. Fortunatelly, It came with all the mounting hardware, so no problem. While at Sturgis in 2009 I needed the set of screws for the driver back rest. Technician gave me the whole set for free. Good Experience.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Absolutely love my Corbin on my 1999 FXR2 (Gunfighter&lady model) and swore for years to everyone that it was the best and most comfortable seat I ever had. Pushed their products for years to anyone who would listen. Tried to get a new seat from them for my 2010 StreetGlide but got no where with them on what I wanted. Inquired here on the Forum and learned of C&C Seats. Now have C&C on the StreetGlide and love it! Chuck and Chuey are the best! (Shameless plug for C&C Seats!) Will never speak to Corbin again. Corbin is just not the company they used to be,, to bad.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I love my C&C as well. I have never owned a Corbin so i cannot comment on that but really? Talk about proprietary BS. It sounds almsot like Harley with the CVO parts adn the anniversary stuff as well. You would think in this economy companies would be looking to EXPAND their customer base. I know for me a happy customer is a return customer.

Drew

Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 PM
SouthernGuy8503
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you can't blame Corbin when it was the seller on Ebay that screwed you. Ya Corbin probably should sell the harness by itself rather you bought it directly from them or not. This is why you have to be careful of what you buy on Ebay, look at the seller feedback percentage and the comments. Also make sure to read the description first, have any question just send it to the seller and if they don't reply then look somewhere else.

Last edited by SouthernGuy8503; 03-14-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply: No More Corbins