General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No More Corbins

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,447 Likes on 2,596 Posts

I own 3 Corbins right know and have had all 3 custom fit to me inside an hour each time.I've been riding them since the beginning many years ago.I've had screws I lost and a bracket I broke sent to me free of charge.Don't know why some have problems and some don't.As far as comfort i've rode every brand there is I think and none fit me as well or as comfortable.That includes C+C.They changed a solo 2 times to try and help me but it didn't work.chuck's customer service is top notch.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
rkcrwlr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
.Don't know why some have problems and some don't.h.
In my case, the problem is is did not buy it new from them. They have the wiring pig tail in stock, but will not sell it to a non-original purchaser. Its thier way of diminishing the value of a used seat. I have been a supporter of Corbin for years. Like the confort of thier seats. But to not sell a pig tail simply because thier ego can't take I bought it used?? No more. I'll ride on 2x6 piece of red oak before they see my money again. I have no argument on the quality of thier seat. But thier support and service are among the worst I have ever encountered. Sometimes you can only vote with your wallet. I do half to laugh at myself a little though... I only bought used because they screwed me on the $1100 dollar set up for the Road King. They got to screw me again anyhow... Bad juju between me an Corbin. I'll just have to track down an "original purchaser" around home to order it for me. A big hassle for nothing.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rkcrwlr
I am DONE with Corbin. I have bought several seats, all custom, from them in the past. Pickup up a 4 month old Corbin Dual Tour off ebay (mistake #1) at a not so good price, but WTH. Missing wiring harness from the seat to the bike. NBD, buy the replacement harness, right! WRONG! Corbin will not sell the replacement harness to you unless you are the original purchaser from them. If you are not, then you have to pay for a full re-cover ($140 less than a new seat) to get the plug. Lessons learned... Don't deal with Corbin in the future, and two, if you buy a used one, count on zero support for parts... Between Corbin's refusal to honor the warranty on my RK seat (leather ballooned up like someone pumped up the seat), and now this, I will be taking my money elsewhere and ******* Corbin for the next 35 years or so I have left to ride... rant off.
I don't know the details about your Road King, but that's a pretty lame complaint about the used seat you got on Ebay. Why would you think Corbin owes you any obligation to give you a deal on parts for a used seat you bought from some other guy? It would be kind of dumb for them to help the used market compete against themselves.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain

What's the wiring harness for, heated seat?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Originally Posted by rkcrwlr
In my case, the problem is is did not buy it new from them. They have the wiring pig tail in stock, but will not sell it to a non-original purchaser. Its thier way of diminishing the value of a used seat. I have been a supporter of Corbin for years. Like the confort of thier seats. But to not sell a pig tail simply because thier ego can't take I bought it used?? No more. I'll ride on 2x6 piece of red oak before they see my money again. I have no argument on the quality of thier seat. But thier support and service are among the worst I have ever encountered. Sometimes you can only vote with your wallet. I do half to laugh at myself a little though... I only bought used because they screwed me on the $1100 dollar set up for the Road King. They got to screw me again anyhow... Bad juju between me an Corbin. I'll just have to track down an "original purchaser" around home to order it for me. A big hassle for nothing.
Since you've been buying seats from them for 35 years tell them you are an original purchaser.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

NO prob-lem-o

My stock seat is sooooo goooood I wouldn't even think about buying another one....

Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
JoGlide08
3rd Gear

Give C&C a call, great peple to deal with......

Old 03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Tell corbin the seat was given to you as a gift

Old 03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Now have C&C on the StreetGlide and love it! Chuck and Chuey are the best! (Shameless plug for C&C Seats!) Will never speak to Corbin again. Corbin is just not the company they used to be,, to bad.
Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I love my C&C as well. I know for me a happy customer is a return customer.
Scored a C&C seat on Craigslist for $75 and I just dropped it at the dealer ship to pop on my SG so I can ride off into the sunset Thursday. It's supposed to be 54 degrees here!!!!

I'll report back on my C&C experience

Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe a Corbin reseller / dealer could order it for you. I bought a Corbin from M & M a few years back.

https://www.mandmcycles.com/homepage.htm

Quick Reply: No More Corbins