General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got duped

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, We have been emailing you about this.
We sent you an email the day you ordered, as well as today.
We do not ship to forwarding addresses.
As we were telling you, we have had many fraudulent orders to forwarding facilities. Most people use fake credit cards and steal paypal accounts to pay. That is why it shows those accounts "unconfirmed." Since your address was unconfirmed with PayPal and we can not validate your account, we could not ship it. We have lost thousands of dollars shipping to forwarding facilities.

We emailed you a few things we can do to verify your account, and all you would have to do is respond to us and we will take care of it.

I apologize for the inconvenience, please contact us if you would like to place this order. Now that we see you are a real customer, we can probably work something out.

In the future, please just respond to our email about the matter, and we can get you your parts faster. Thank you

There is a screen shot posted below so you can see what Paypal says about your address.

Originally Posted by rkuipers-wa
Hi guys, brand new member here. Been lurking like so many others and I only joined so I could weigh in and sound another warning about DHP.

I placed a small ($200) order for some Roland Sands parts with them more than 2 weeks ago, through their website. Paid with PayPal and received an order confirmation with order number.

Sent them an email this morning where my order was and that it was taking quite long.
Then this afternoon I received a full refund through PayPal, with no note, no reply, no apology, nothing.

If that's what Dan means by taking care of the customer I don't think I'll ever be back. I'll probably end up buying what I need at Motorcyclesuperstore.com or some other RS vendor. Unless anyone here knows a good place to get a Roland Sands gascap, grips and master cylinder cover?

Richard in Renton

Old 12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Phat performance is a sponsor of the site and has good prices

Old 12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I order a set of RSD grips last month. Not only did he give me the lowest price I could find including shipping, but they were at my door in less than a week. I took a chance because of the low price and a change in ownership. I can only speak for myself, but I buy a lot of stuff online and have no complaints about DHP

Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

I am glad you hear you are satisfied with your parts! =D

Thank you for your business!

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I order a set of RSD grips last month. Not only did he give me the lowest price I could find including shipping, but they were at my door in less than a week. I took a chance because of the low price and a change in ownership. I can only speak for myself, but I buy a lot of stuff online and have no complaints about DHP

Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 21,466 Likes on 8,444 Posts

How's about sending me a free sample?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts
Thumbs up

A few weeks ago (Nov 26th) I ordered a set of Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1 from DHP during one of their special sales. The order arrived quickly. No problems, great communication and the price was the best on the internet for that item. I'll use DHP again.

Last edited by Plow64; 12-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
CBRAV0810
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had placed an order early in the year with them. When I got home from afghanistan everything was waiting except my progressive shocks. I believe I took leave in late June early July. I spoke with them several times and was told np we will ship you out a new set. About two weeks later the shocks I ordered did arrive. So to me at least they made good on everything. Id also imagine this all happened at the height of their internal issues, etc. Definitely good prices at my time of order.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:10 PM
tv002700
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i placed an order for some progressive shocks on monday and they arrived in florida on friday. lowest price i could find anywhere and included shipping.

i checked the forum before ordering and it seems a few people have had some bad experiences in the past. took a chance on them and it went well.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my PYO baggers bars, cable etc: got them 3 days later! Fast/courteous service!

I will buy from directharleyparts again !

Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

I am glad you all were very satisfied, and all of us here really appreciate the feedback!
It is really nice to know that you are happy with our service.
Thanks again!

Quick Reply: got duped