General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy things dealer's say.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cactus789
Are you serious? go back in the corner and lick your ***** like a good dog...
a member since 2005, 320 posts, does he only check grammar?

Old 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
a member since 2005, 320 posts, does he only check grammar?
Hey geniuses, I'm the original poster of this thread. I was correcting my own spelling error in the title of my thread before the regular jacka$$ spelling police come along to correct me. It obviously went over both of your heads. BTW, I ride a harley. I don't sit around posting on HDforums so that I can have a 10,000+ post count in a year.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 AM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

'The problem withe the radio is sunspots, they all do that.'

It's become common around here that one certain mechanic WILL ALWAYS say that.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 AM
purestockracer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

non service related. I was trying to sell one of my old softtails years ago & had it listed in some classified ads, got a call from a dealer who bought & sold used bikes as well as new. This salesman is on the phone with me asking about the bike, & he tells me " SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD BIKE, BUT ALL THOSE EXTRAS YOU'VE ADDED TO YOUR BIKE DOESN'T ADD TO THE VALUE. " So I said to him " OH REALLY , THEN WHY DOES YOUR CVO MODELS COST MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER BIKES ON YOUR SHOWROOM FLOOR ? " He was very quietfor a long time, & then told me to have a nice day, good luck on selling the bike , & good bye. I still laugh everytime I think of that.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Fort Rider
Intermediate

Took my Fatboy rims in for some new rubber. The guy asked which bike they were for and I said my Indian, "Sorry we only work on Harley".

Old 03-13-2011, 12:18 PM
DaveMK
Road Master
Received 315 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by garand
Sorry, spelling police: Dealer's should've been plural not possessive. The correct spelling should dealers.
Now I'm confused.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 PM
mo1775
Advanced

Originally Posted by purestockracer
non service related. I was trying to sell one of my old softtails years ago & had it listed in some classified ads, got a call from a dealer who bought & sold used bikes as well as new. This salesman is on the phone with me asking about the bike, & he tells me " SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD BIKE, BUT ALL THOSE EXTRAS YOU'VE ADDED TO YOUR BIKE DOESN'T ADD TO THE VALUE. " So I said to him " OH REALLY , THEN WHY DOES YOUR CVO MODELS COST MORE THAN ANY OF THE OTHER BIKES ON YOUR SHOWROOM FLOOR ? " He was very quietfor a long time, & then told me to have a nice day, good luck on selling the bike , & good bye. I still laugh everytime I think of that.
Ha ha, Thats a good one! I see my self using that in the future.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM
mo1775
Advanced

Sorry, in my previous post "my self" should have been "myself" (one word).

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Glad you caught that. Improper use of apostrophes is rampant here in Floriduh!

About 6 years ago, I bought a new '05 Nighttrain. The front brakelight was coming on late;in other words;you had to really squeeze it hard to actuate the front brake light, so it was almost locked up before the light came on. When someone in a shopping center almost ran into me 'cause I was driving through slowly with feet down & only using the front brake & it wasn't coming on, I thought I better bring it back under warranty. The service manager (who isn't there anymore) said "Well you're supposed to use both brakes, and it will come on when you apply the rear". DUH!!

"Take the bike home today (on Friday) and just bring us a personal check for the full amount on Monday."

"Sure, we'll throw in a free T-shirt with your new bike".
I think the problem is the brake light is supposed to be on the back rather than the front.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 PM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cotdamnn! Are you guys freakin blind?!? I'm the OP and corrected my own spelling error because there's always some smartazz correcting spelling. I hate spell checkin' azzholes so please don't confuse me with them!

Quick Reply: Crazy things dealer's say.