General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

I have the Harley Cover, because that came with the bike. A "Gift" (?) from the Stealer. But I also have a cheap cotton cover from "It's Just a Bike" that cost something like $50. It isn't as pretty as the Harley cover, but it's easier to use, it doesn't scuff the bike, and it goes in the washing machine. Basically it's a bed sheet that got sewn on two ends to make an envelope. If you have access to someone with a sewing machine, a quick trip to the store for a cheap bed sheet and then sew the ends and you'll be in business . . .

Old 03-13-2011, 03:15 AM
jooles7009
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome, thanks all! sounds like lola will be getting her own bedsheets for indoors!

Old 03-13-2011, 07:58 AM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer

I recommend a honda cover. Then you don't have to worry about someone stealing it.
Just couldn't resist that one!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 271 Likes on 155 Posts

Takeniteasy:

You just beat me to it with your post!

After I bought my 06 Ultra a year and a half ago I bought a cover from a friend. It was for a Gold Wing (which he no longer owned). A GW and an Ultra are about the same size so it works fine.

As far as the HD logo on a cover.....do you really want to advertise your great American made ride that's underneath?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
jooles7009
Intermediate

ha, ha! that was good for a laugh!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Bike cover

Originally Posted by jooles7009
not sure if it really matters but anyone have recommendations for motorcycle covers? brand, price, etc.?
Old, worn out, bed sheet for indoor use. Larger size is best. Can be washed & dried as needed. Clothes pins can be used to adjust for fit. Should be 100% cotton with no tags or embrodery (sp) to help eliminate possible scratches.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I like Exigent for a rain cover, $80. For a dust cover you can get a cotton cover on Ebay for $25. Neither have any logo to tell the thief what's under it.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser

Is the Exigent breathable? I'm having to move in the next month, and chances of finding a place that has covered parking is slim. I just want something to keep the rain off between rides.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

DirtyThirty,
Yes, the Exigent is breathable and is used as a Rain Cover. Works very well and will keep your bike dry with little to no condensation buildup. See http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/

It is not intended for long term storage cover however. An inexpensive cotton fabric cover is for dry storage.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoethree
DirtyThirty,
Yes, the Exigent is breathable and is used as a Rain Cover. Works very well and will keep your bike dry with little to no condensation buildup. See http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/

It is not intended for long term storage cover however. An inexpensive cotton fabric cover is for dry storage.
I've been using Exigent covers for 10 years. I wouldn't buy anything else. I've spoken to the owner several times and he is very easy to work with. Last cover I bought for my new Street Glide, he went out of his way to get it to me before I left on a 3000 mile trip. The covers are compact and come with a stuff bag. I always carry one while touring and cover the bike every night.

Last edited by NoBoldRider; 03-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: motorcycle covers