General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a low profile helmet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by steveh326
different strokes for different heads I guess. I bought a Daytona based on all the raving here.... hated it. Won't stay on my head at speed. Skid Lid worked much better for my noggin... and its smaller than the Daytona.

the bad thing is even trying them on in a store isn't a sure thing, you gotta ride with it to see how it does in the wind.
You are totally right Dude. The Daytona I bought seemed right but there is apparently just a little space between my forehead and the helmet. (Insert joke here) Caused the helmet to slide back in the wind. I was upset for all of 5 minutes b4 I realized a doo rag would probably fix this. The doo rag they actually sent me for free! Not only does the helmet now fit perfectly, but I never have to worry about stinking it up. Just wash or replace my dew rag. Oh, sometimes I wear a backwards cap and that works great too.

Originally Posted by steveh326
yeah you are correct. the bad thing is that over the years I have collected 9-10 helmets. I have 3 that I alternate, the others just sit on the shelf because they don't fit right or my tastes have changed. I can't bring myself to just toss them out, and they're not really something to put up for sale.
Ya know, they say that the effectiveness of helmets goes way down over the years. Should be replaced every 2-3 years I think? You might wanna think a little harder about tossing some of those helmets.