General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Customs and Canada-issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hill Country Customs and Canada-issues?

Opinions/advice please:
I have been trying to get a hold of Hill Country Customs. I've tried their toll free number numerous times but it doesn't work. I am assuming that it is because I'm in Canada.......not sure how those work.
So, I've sent a detailed email with ways to get back to me on some simple questions I want answered prior to making the $1200 purchase. This seems fair doesn't it? It's been a week with no response. This doesn't seem right.

Has anyone out there had the same issue with them(particularly Canadians)?

I really just want simple questions answered before a major purchase. If I can't even get a response by email before buying, how will I get one if the product fails later????

They must sell/ship here, the website gave me a shipping quote.

Is their business doing so well that they don't have time for international sales??

Anyone from HCC on this forum that could help me, give me a different phone number or email.........or just let me know to forget it and buy somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

p.s. Rinehart is the same, 5 emails in 2 months-not 1 response. I'm proud to say I give better customer service in my business.

Last edited by rhinotheking; 03-09-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 PM
woodworking1
Road Master

Maybe they have been busy with Daytona. Not making any excuses for them.

I sent them an email last spring regarding cable lubrication for the cables I bought from them and never got a response.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just my opinion, but for what it's worth, I wouldn't bother with the business' that don't or can't reply to customer questions. I might could see if you had called them a million times and they had spent countless hours on their toll free (to you anyway) number, burning their ears with questions. I might do the same.
Woodworking above has a right idea as well. Some companies are small and have to close up to go to rallies! In today's I gotta have it now society, we sometimes fail to realize this. If I had to close to go do a show, I would at least leave messages regarding that fact, and when to expect answers and product.
Might their be another company out there which deals with the product you are looking for. Someone local may know more about their product than the representative you might speak to at the manufacturer.
Good luck, and I hope you get the answers your looking for.
$0.02

aka Bob

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
RoddHarley
Advanced

I was in Canada about 6 mo ago when I ordered my bars from them and had no problem contacting them at the time.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their 800 number doesn't workn Canada like quite a few American numbers. you can try to call them on their local number but you will have to pay long distance charges. they have answered my e-mails quite quickly but i'm sure their are busy in Daytona right now. There are quite a few other online suppliers where you can get parts from if your not happy with them

Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

To answer your question, they neglect and ignore American business as well as Canadian.

I went through the same scenario as you. I said screw the a-holes. I called 3 times over 1 week and no answer so I said I'll spend my 600 with another company. I did and I'm happy.

Please understand this. They don't care about the customer. Take a hint, I did.

I'm sorry the delicate flowers at HCC can't be disturbed with a potential customer looking to discuss his needs and spend several hundred dollars with his business.

My belief is this. If you can't reach them now to place an order, do you think they will be there is you have a problem? Hell no.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:30 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

I bought my extended cables from them, and they were very helpful. I didn't order off the web, I just phoned them and the guy I talked to was very nice.

I wasn't sure how long my cables needed to be, so he said that they've been selling cables so long that you just give them your bike model and year, and your handlebar height and they know what cables you need.

Received them quickly to Canada. I had very good service.

Tip for Canadians ordering from the US:
If you can help it, don't specify UPS for shipping. They charge you duty, GST, & a minimum broker fee of 39.00.
I ordered a 35.00 part once and through UPS it cost me over 80.00 by the time I got it.

I always get them to send stuff by US Postal Service, because when it arrives I just get a notice card in my mailbox and I go to the Post Office to pick it up. No extra fees.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies, there's certainly opinions going both ways.

If they're busy in Daytona and close up shop, why can't they answer emails???
Haven't they heard of a smartphone?

Either way, all of your advice is being considered.

I was/am wanting their complete 16" apehanger kit prewired with switches, levers, cables etc.... the whole shabang in one easy package ready to mount.
Is there anyone else who offers a similar set up.
I don't want to piecing together from different places and times if I can help it.
It's unfortunate, their "website promises" really attracted me. Hopefully I can find something.
Thanks again.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Fridge
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I struggled getting a response to my emails so I called them. Had to try a couple of times to get through tbh but when I did they were more than helpful.

I've bought their 18" set up for two of my bikes and have been very pleased with the product both times.

It is frustrating when a company doesn't seem to be that interested in your business. Is there anyone else out there offer the same off the shelf service with bars though?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
cwhite6
Tourer

Try these guys:
http://stores.ebay.com/Choppers-Cycl...id=p4340.l2563

I bought a set of 13" apes from them completely wired and ready to go. They were very helpful when I called and e-mailed them. They custom build to order also.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Customs and Canada-issues?