General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Customs and Canada-issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Ramona
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubby3492
....Tip for Canadians ordering from the US:
If you can help it, don't specify UPS for shipping. They charge you duty, GST, & a minimum broker fee of 39.00.
I ordered a 35.00 part once and through UPS it cost me over 80.00 by the time I got it.
I always get them to send stuff by US Postal Service, because when it arrives I just get a notice card in my mailbox and I go to the Post Office to pick it up. No extra fees.
Excellent advice......ordered a $115 part from S&S, went through a broker because of how S&S shipped......$210
Use the U.S. Postal service if you can........

Old 03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
TheMo
Cruiser

I got them on the phone a little over a week ago. They said that orders for full packages were going out 3 weeks for build time. I didn't think about Daytona at the time but it makes sense now. I've called & left messages that weren't returned. Keep trying, they have a good rep. Brian at HCC seems like a great guy and answered all my questions.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser
Default Update

Well, after over 2 weeks now, 2 lengthy and detailed emails, multiple attempts on their toll free number and finally leaving a voicemail on their answering service(I had to find their number on the internet-long distance).......still no response.
Are you kidding me????
After reading all the good stuff about their product,service and customer satisfaction, I really want to give them my business. But c'mon guys, not even a "We'll be open after Daytona" or anything.
So......now, I thought I would try one more call before submitting this post. What do I get when it gets to voicemail?: beep,beep,beep..."memory full"
What a shocker.......

Old 03-18-2011, 05:23 PM
itsteeravfool
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a hit or miss with these guys, and the customer service seems to depend on who answers the phone (if anyone). I've had a few good experiences, but more bad. I do know that the last kit we got from the handlebars were way off, and it took a week to get a response from them when we needed to contact them. But I guess you get what you pay for. Needless to say we no longer carry them.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's to bad your having a bad experience with them when i ordered my 16's pre wired and all chrome controls got everything on time no communication problems at all and am very satisfied with what i got. i don't know who else offers full packages like they do, but when i'm ready to order again will definitely try them again.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:38 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser

Originally Posted by itsteeravfool
Seems like a hit or miss with these guys, and the customer service seems to depend on who answers the phone (if anyone). I've had a few good experiences, but more bad. I do know that the last kit we got from the handlebars were way off, and it took a week to get a response from them when we needed to contact them. But I guess you get what you pay for. Needless to say we no longer carry them.
You say "we no longer carry them". Who are "we"? Who do you use now? Is there anyone else out there that carries the COMPLETE ape hanger kits like the HCC kits that are comparable?
Thanks in advance

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
woodworking1
Road Master

Burly sells a complete kit.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:32 PM
rhinotheking
Cruiser

I'll look into them again. Last time I looked on their site, it said something to the effect of "we don't know what cables you need, so don't ask". Really turned me off.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 PM
folkxrock
Cruiser

Sorry to hear you had bad luck - I run a small business and there is NO EXCUSE for bad customer service - NONE.
However, I bought a set of cables from them last year and they went above and beyond to take care of me. I installed the cables when I had a break and later found out the distribution block was bad. I called and let them know it would be a couple months before I had time to pull the cables back off the bike. They went ahead and got me a new set of cables shipped out so I could swap them, and I sent the bad set back when had time to do the work about two months later.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

We can get you what you need and are here to help you now. We do not prewire bars like HCC does, but we will ship to Canada USPS. Our 800 number does not work from Canada either. Please PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM and I can get you some info if you need it.

Thanks!

Drew

Quick Reply: Hill Country Customs and Canada-issues?