General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strokers of Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:10 PM
underdog2003
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live here and have to agree that Dallas drivers are freaking maniacs!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Mississippi Birdman
Cruiser

I went to Strokers last November. I went out to Dallas in my cage for the international motorcycle show. Growing up in southern California, aggressive drivers are nothing new. What I did notice is that Dallas drivers will not let you in. I had my turn signal on for a while on some freeway. No one would let me in. Finally, I took an opportunity to make a lane change and the idiot behind me honked. Hello, did you not see my turn signal for a quarter mile. I would describe Dallas drivers as rude and crude. At Strokers, and the motorcycle show, I got to meet Rick and his daughter Lena. I missed MA. Rick was super nice. I did the t-shirt/poster/bumper sticker thing. Ate a good burger at the bar. One thing I would say, is that TV makes the place look bigger than it really is. The showroom and the bar are not a big as the TV makes them appear. Still, it's a great place with great people. As much as the show was criticized for being stupid, or what not, I loved it, and hope MA's Roadhouse will return. And that's not "utter bullsheet."

Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
JohnSWA
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

You can't get a better chili cheese burger in the area and the atmosphere is as authentic as it gets. Strokers is a great place to hang out if you're in the area. It's a major hangout for SWA ie Southwest Airlines Employees. Most SWA folks are pretty down to earth and riders as well. If you're in the area, give Strokers a whirl. You'll have a good time and more than likely have a beer bought for ya!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice place. Good people who in spite of the goofy show are the real thing. Nice as they can be. Dallas drivers are another story.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:52 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Its not the Texasdrivers thats bad. Its all them yankees that have come down here to live.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rpbrown
Its not the Texasdrivers thats bad. Its all them yankees that have come down here to live.
+1

You got that right !

Mentioned Texas Independence Day last Wednesday to some transplants and got dumber than normal looks. Sunday was worse mentioning the Alamo.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 AM
REBEL WALL
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rpbrown
LOL...You beat me to it ... : )

Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kevmic28
I from Dallas and spent 6 years working in Georgia. Ill take Texas drivers anytime over those crazy Atlanta drivers.
+100...I have lived in both places and Dallas drivers have nothing on the idiots running around Atlanta.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Healey2Harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just those from above the Red River, but our visiters from below the Rio Grande!
I highly recommend uninsured coverage!!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
nilro
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mississippi Birdman
I had my turn signal on for a while on some freeway. No one would let me in. Finally, I took an opportunity to make a lane change and the idiot behind me honked. Hello, did you not see my turn signal for a quarter mile.
I wasn't there to see it but my guess is you weren't going over the speed limit, which is what you have to do when on a freeway in Texas. The speed limits signs here are really just saying, "You better go at least this fast or you will get ran over."

If you had your signal on for a quarter of a mile that was waaaaaay to long. In Texas you just signal right before you change lanes, not a moment sooner, and it probably didn't help that you had a car with out of state plates. That's why you got honked at. You're lucky it wasn't Bubba Redneck in a jacked up truck because they don't honk, they shoot.

Quick Reply: Strokers of Dallas