Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness or Screaming Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:25 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Arlen Ness Big Sucker works great for me.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

AN here, Works good, and the install was a breeze. Best value IMO.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:58 AM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,921 Likes on 3,542 Posts

I hate to get too OT here, but I have a question,

I rode my dripping wet RG Ultra into my garage about an hour ago, and since then I've built a fire in the stove and spread my boots and a whole bunch of wet (and sometimes soggy) leather out in front of the stove to dry, and I've noticed that I get much wetter riding the Ultra than I used to get on my '06 RG with different fairing lowers, and I came upon this thread and I noticed that my air cleaner doesn't look nearly as good as the pictured A/Cs in this thread....

.... so I wonder, do those air cleaners stay dried out when running in the rain, or could there be problems if it was raining really hard ? I'd never thought about that until now, for some reason. Especially since my last two H-Ds were Road Glides with fairing lowers....sometimes I can ride for a long time and in the rain and only my gloves and boots get really wet so I can't imagine that much water getting all the way through to the valves

Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 248 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by edilgdaor
I hate to get too OT here, but I have a question,

I rode my dripping wet RG Ultra into my garage about an hour ago, and since then I've built a fire in the stove and spread my boots and a whole bunch of wet (and sometimes soggy) leather out in front of the stove to dry, and I've noticed that I get much wetter riding the Ultra than I used to get on my '06 RG with different fairing lowers, and I came upon this thread and I noticed that my air cleaner doesn't look nearly as good as the pictured A/Cs in this thread....

.... so I wonder, do those air cleaners stay dried out when running in the rain, or could there be problems if it was raining really hard ? I'd never thought about that until now, for some reason. Especially since my last two H-Ds were Road Glides with fairing lowers....
sometimes I can ride for a long time and in the rain and only my gloves and boots get really wet so I can't imagine that much water getting all the way through to the valves

You may want to consider some other riding gear other than leather if your one of those that likes to ride in the rain.

If you have a K&N cotton gauze type filter, you can clean them every once in a while.

Cleaning:
http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

This comes up in almost every thread that has an
exposed filter element "what if" it rains........Filters will get wet, may only be a problem with a paper element filter as they wouldn't breath as well, the cotton gauze filters will still breath if there wet with water or oil. In any case I don't think it would get wet around the whole filter. I've only been caught in a heavy down pour once and had no performance issues, other than a little slipping and sliding.

Water injection:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_i..._%28engines%29

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html

Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
spidrbob
Intermediate

Arlen Ness Big Sucker II...it's da ballz!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Tilter
Tourer

I had the Harley stage one and it dyno'd Wednesday 79hp and 90tq. Same build with a Vance and hines dyno'd today 81hp and 93tq. Same build with a horsepower inc intake today came in at 80hp and 96tq. I'm trying the screaming eagle heavy breather tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:41 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

SE Heavy Breather

Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

I don't have any A/N stuff on my SG but I used to have a Victory and had some on it. I was very pleased with the quality and performance.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

....... SE Ventilator .......... that'd look good on a Classic.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Choose the one that allows the most air-flow....Don't know the specs of the units you have in mind.

Quick Reply: Arlen Ness or Screaming Eagle